Chapter One ~ Birthday Girl

Madisons P.O.V (point of view for those blonde like me Lol)

"Muumm," I whine as she does my hair. "Ow that hurts stop pulling it" I say. "Sorry sweetie but it has to be perfect." She repeats for the third time, "Its got to look good for the..." "Yes yes I know, it has got to be perfect for the family." I grumble.

She is acting like we are going to a wedding, I mean come on it is only my birthday. Before you think oh cool she is have a birthday party with her friends and family... think again cause I am that one geek that is in every class, the one with NO friends and yes the one that is teased to the point of tears.

You see I have no friends and no popularity points. I just wish that for once I was treated fairly and with equality at school. As I think this a tear rolls down my face, my mum wipes it off and says soothingly to me, "Sweetie I know that you aren't in the best situation at school but it is your birthday, forget about all those bullies and have a nice time with your family, it will be okay your father is going to talk the principal on Monday about these bullies, they need to stop getting away with it. Your family love you very much and will support you all the way. I love you my dear Maddie. We are so proud of your grades and how strong you are being in this situation."

"I love you too mum and thanks for helping with the bullies." But deep down inside I know that my dad talking to the principle will just make the torment worse, I acknowledge that she is doing her best and all she can to support me and I am very grateful for that.

"You are very welcome my dear. Now the family will be arriving in half an hour, so make sure you are ready by then, okay Madison?" "Yes mum." I reply as she ties the last part of the magnificent braid. "I will be in the kitchen if you need me, okay?" She says getting up. "Sure mum." U reply as she leaves the room.

Just when I think she has well and truly left for the kitchen, she pokes her head back inside and says, "Oh and Maddie dear?" "Yes I reply." "One more thing. Think of a wish to make on the cake, after all you only turn thirteen once."

As she says this she walks to the kitchen, her steps pounding on the timber floorboards, I hear the footsteps fading and I know she has left to start cooking.

I am lost in thought pondering about what I should wish for as I cut the cake later on.
Wish for world peace? Nah to unrealistic.
To be top of my year in all. of my eight subjects? Nope I already am.
To adopt a puppy? I chuckle to myself at that thought, there is no way I could get a puppy, my mum is allergic to there fur, it would be great to have a dog as a friend though, I think.
And just like that I know what I am going to wish for. Satisfied with my decision I get up and begin to get ready for the guests.
I couldn't wait to cut that cake.

I am finally ready and just as I put on my locket from my mother, the door bell rings.
"The guests have arrived!" Lingering on the word arrived.
I race down the stairs and put a happy smile on my face for my grandmother, she always Loves to be greeted with my bubbly smile. I open the door and my face goes from happy to confused There is a man at my door. "Um hello?"
"Hi, um I am the new mailman. Here are your letters." The postman says uncertainly. "Oh thanks, have a nice day." I say shyly. "You too" he replies. He walks down the path from my house and I slowly shut the door. My mother comes out and says "Who was that?" "Oh just the new mailman." I reply casually as I continue looking through the letters. 3 for me and 1 bill for mum and dad, I hand it over and start to walk across the hall back to my room, when the doorbell rings again. As I open the door I am pleasantly happy to find my family on the porch. I offer them inside and get a table for all my presents.

The day slowly drags by, we have a roast lamb with my favourite potato bake and vegetables. It was great.
A couple of hour later and 3 scrabble games won, the cake is brought out.
They all sing happy birthday and I am blowing out the candles and making my wish.

I wish..........

First chapter complete, comment. Hope you all love it, don't be a silent reader.

Thanks for reading 1st chapter. More to come.
☺Bec☺