Chapter three//Ptv and Flashbacks

Ashley

Pierce the Veil walk onto the bus, my jaw dropping in awe. Vic walks over to me and engulfs me in his arms, leaving me to fangirl inside very much.

"You might swallow flies if you keep staring."

I blush, closing my mouth and mumbling a quick and quiet 'sorry'.

"It's fine love, I don't mind." Vic winks, leaving my cheeks to flush red. Kellin's face turns to a light pink as he clenches his jaw tightly together and forms his hands into fists.

Wait.

Was he jealous?

I doubt it.

He doesn't love me.

I snap out of my thoughts and stare out of the window.

Vic

Ashley was gorgeous, I mean drop dead beautiful. Holding her in my arms felt like my arms were made for her body, we molded together that perfectly. It's a shame how broken she is, she looks as if you could break her with the tap of your finger.

I get snapped from the thoughts that are swimming in my head when Kellin screams at me.

"Vic!" I snap my head towards him. "Ashley randomly started crying, she looks really pale." Kellin explains, trying not to look worried but I know he is.

After hearing those words spill from Kellin's mouth, I sprint to Ashley's bunk. I hear her sobbing and I can see her hugging her knees as they're pulled up to her chest. Her blonde hair is a tangled mess. I tap her shoulder. She looks up into my brown irises with her swollen blue ones.

"What happened love?" I ask, concern filling my calming voice.

Ashley

The tears spilling like a waterfall, causing burning to my eyes. I feel a light tap on my shoulder. I look up, into Vic's brown eyes, meeting my beady blue ones.

He takes a breath and licks his lips before speaking in a calm, yet concerned voice, "What happened love?"

His simple three worded question brought me to tears, as I remember the memory vaguely.

Flashback [3rd person]

"Kellin wait!" Ashley yells, to the boy turning the silver knob of the front door. He turns around, his green eyes staring into her blue eyes, tinted with pain.

"What Ashley?" Kellin spits eagerly, in a rush to leave.

"What does this mean?" The girl asks, tears threatening to spill from her blue irises as she tosses a piece of damp, crumpled notebook paper to the dark haired boy.

Kellin picks up the damp paper, uncrumpling it, his green eyes skim the paper.

Ashley,

Forget me, forget I ever existed.
Forget everything I ever told you.
Forget I loved you.

Kellin

Glancing up from the paper, he inhales his breath sharply.

"It means I don't love you anymore Ashley, we're over." The boy explains, causing the blonde girl in front of him to nod, with tears at the rim of her grey-blue eyes.

"Please leave." Ashley speaks, her voice shaky and hurt in a low whisper as the raven coloured haired boy turns the doorknob and pulls the door open and shut before she could say her last goodbye.

•••Present time••

Ashley

"Ash!" I hear a voice yell as my body shakes violently. I snap from the memory, feeling my rosy cheeks hot and wet. I wipe the back of my pale hand across my cheek, feeling the tears falling from my eyes. I look up at Vic, blinking.

"Huh?" I ask.

"You were spacing out, shaking and crying." He explains, leaving me to do nothing but simply nod in return. He steps out of the room for a few moments as I begin staring at the wall. It is so interesting, almost lifeless it seems. I hear steps, knowing Vic probably came back in. I feel the figure kneel beside me, his breathing a steady pattern, always keeping up with his heart in some way.

"Ash?" I hear Vic's voice.

Wait.

That's not Vic.

Oh, no.

I look at the green eyed boy blankly.

"What happened?" He asks again.

You happened.

I turn my head towards Kellin, looking into his green orbs.

"Nothing I'm fine." I reply, as I stand up and begin to walk away, somewhere away from Kellin. I feel a warm hand grasp my wrist, pulling me into a private space.

"You aren't fine, fine isn't when you're pale and shaking, while crying and hugging your knees while rocking back and fourth. Ash tell me, what's wrong?" Kellin asks, my heart beat quickens, now racing.
I don't want him to see me as weak and vulnerable.

"I just had a flashback, but I'm fine now." I answer, trying to exclude any emotions from my tone.

"Ash, I've never seen you that sad.  I've never seen you that vulnerable. What was the flashback about?" Kellin asks, I inhale sharply.

"Damn it Kellin, it was about us."

Kellin

"Damn it Kellin, it was about us." The words fall from her lips, leaving my body unmovable from shock. The pain in her tone causes a sting to nip at my beating heart. I open my mouth to speak, but she interrupts me.

Ashley

Kellin opens up his mouth to speak, before I interrupt him.

"It was about how you walked out. About how you dropped me like that. Kellin, you hurt me!" I yell, my voice getting an octave higher, hot tears falling against my cheeks. " I'm sick and tired of feeling sad and broken, I hate feeling like shit and I only feel like that because of you! Kellin I would've understood if you told me, yet you had to go and write it in a letter, a freaking letter!" I yell, my temper rising with each word spat at Kellin.

"I wish I never would've met you Kellin, it would save me from a shattering heartbreak. I wish I never fell in love with you." I speak in a low whisper, leaving Kellin alone in the dark closet, heading to my bunk with thoughts swimming in my head. I lay down, hugging my knees and I let the warm tears cascade down my cheeks until I drift of into a land I call my safe place.