Chapter eleven

I felt a rising light wake me gently. It was tapping on my eye lids to open up and reveal my green eyes. My green eyes. The thought of this was all too real.

I looked around confused by the light. The warm ray had a cool breeze, with the breeze came the soothing sounds of pure nature. I get up slowly from my back to myself still on top of the banian tree. I assumed I've slept up here for the night.

Movement on my right side starts to sound as I see Ezra look up at me.

"Good morning." He says, smiling at me.

I lay back and looked at him with a smile in return.

"Morning." I reply.

His smile was warmer than the sun, for it melted my heart. I felt safe laying there with him and trusted him with my life. Silly for me to say, but I've know him since we were kids. I know who he really is.

"We should get back down before they find out we're gone and before we get burnt up here." He says to me.

"But I like where we are now." I flirt.

"Ha it's not safe. Come on." He stands up and gives me his hand.

I took his hand as he pulled me up towards him.

"Ouch!" I say the moment I looked up.

I bow my head and place my hand over my cheek.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know."

Something was burning my cheek in such a sudden manner. Ezra lifts my head up and removed my hand from my cheek. His eyes widened. I looked at my hand to find blood covering it.

*crash*

The sound of breaking branches catches our attention. We looked over towards the Bach to find a tree falling down and disappear into the sand beach. As it fell birds flew out and made a home in anew tree.

"It's already starting." Ezra whispers under his breath.

"What's starting?"

"No time to explain."

He grabs my hand and guides me down the tree.

Once we reached the bottom we climbed down into our hole. It wasn't dark. There were lamps and candles lit up every where. I turned around after my feet touching the ground. I am startled to find Viridans standing right in front of me.

"Goodness! You startled me! What are you still doing here?" I say.

"She was worried! You guys are not supposed to be out side at dark! It's not safe!" I hear Ezra's dad yell at us.

"Father, it's my fault! We found rest up there and the rule slipped my mind."

"Well your little slip could of had cost you!"

Viridans looked straight at me with a serious look and walked towards me. I moved back from confusion. She reached her hand out towards my cut cheek and gently touches it.

"Did the forest fall?" She whispers in my head.

"A tree." I replied out loud.

Ezra and his father obviously heard me because they stopped their arguing.

"What did you say?"

"A tree was cut down. They're starting to kill the island." Ezra says.

"We don't have time. She's not ready! She can't even control her thoughts!"