Prologue

A/N: hi beautiful people in this world! This is my first ever book, and... I suck at this.
Well in everything in general to be honest.

Au Revoir people

Written: Saturday 12th March 2016
IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END!!! YOU NEED TO READ IT!!!!

I didn't want to leave my school. Some people - alright most people hate school. I would be one of those people if I'd never had the childhood most lucky children have.

At home waited my drunk father and his cane.

My brother has it worse than me though, he has to hear my screams of pain again and again. I always wondered why my father chose to hurt him more than he ever hurt me. Which was ironic, considering he beat me the most.

There was a new boy in school, Connor I think. He had the weirdest colour eyes,- his right was blue whereas his left was brown.

Mama always said don't tell anyone what happens at home. When I asked her why she crouched until she was about my height and whispered "Bad things will happen to us."

But this boy seemed so nice, I just had to tell him.

Mama disappeared one night, about a year ago.

I'm seven now.

+++

I ran home as fast as I could just so I don't upset Father. He drinks something, and that makes him crazy. Father used to be so kind to me and Luka, I don't know what happened to him.

Father was there at the door, his posture slightly drooping. "Father, I'm sorry I'm late, I was ju-"

Father had me by the ear dragging me in before I finished my sentence.

"Listen to me you little slut! I am the adult here, you don't talk to me unless you've been asked. Now what do you say!?" He yelled, his spit flew everywhere.

"I'm sorry Father," I whimpered.

He slapped my cheek so hard that my head swung to the left.

"Go make me something, Bitch." He spat.

I ran as quickly as I could away from him, scrambling towards the kitchen. I hastily made his favourite, a double burger with his beer. I added his medicine in his beer as well.

This time I added two sleeping pills, which after finishing his meal he would've been knocked out for twelve straight hours.

I needed to relax my injuries from the previous day's beatings.

Luka had extra booster classes that ended about now. "Bell! Did father do anything to you?" He asked, examining my face. Bell is Mama's maiden name, she wanted at least one thing from her family after she was forced with an arranged marriage.

"I'm fine," I croaked "He just shouted at me for being late and slapped me once."

"I'm so sorry father treats us this way," he whispered.

I shook my head quickly before running into his arms and said "Don't be. Father is just a poo - head."

I snuggled closer into the crook of his neck.

"Where's my lunch!?" My father shouted.

I flinched away from Luka and bowed my head.

Father pulled my head up by yanking harshly onto my hair.

I yelped.

You shouldn't have said that!

My subconscious told me. And as always, she/he/it was right.

Father doesn't like me speaking without permission. I really shouldn't have said that.

Father raised his hand and I braced myself for the impact.

It never came.

"No!" Luka shouted.

"What did you say, boy?" Father asked suspiciously calm.

"Stop. Hurting. Her." Luka breathed. His shoulders tense and his breathing ragged with each word.

Father laughed loudly, so loud he shook the house.

"And why shouldn't I?" Father grabbed me by the arm and lifted me up. His other arm stroking my hair. "Such a pretty thing shouldn't go to waste, don't you think Ella-Bell?" Father said breathing into my ear.

I shivered from the close proximity. Not wanting to know what will happen next. I whimpered quietly. Hoping he wouldn't hear. I braced myself for the impact, but it never came.

Thankfully he doesn't, but Luka does. I saw his eyes aflame.

Father pushed me away and swung his arm back. I heard Luka's scream before it stopped suddenly. I opened one eye and gasped at the sight I saw...

Luka was unconscious on the floor with blood dripping from his neck.

I looked up at Father and saw his eyes gleamed with malice.

He punched me while I was offguard. I gasped, stumbling back from the force of the incident.

He kicked me in the stomach, forcing the breath out of my lungs. He then grabbed my by neck and lifted me up from the ground.

I felt my windpipe slowly crushing me, before I knew it, tears were cascading down my face.

I scratched his hands pleading, urging, begging him to pry his hands off of my throat.

Black spots started to cloud my vision. Father gave a malicious laugh, throwing his head back while doing so. He let me go and I fell on the floor on my butt.

Ouch, that hurts

Father dragged me by the hair into his room.

I've never been in there... My voice didn't matter to him, but to be honest it never did.   I always heard screaming coming from his room. But I was always too scared to fimd out why. He was always digging up at night.

+++

The police came a couple hours later. I didn't care. I was too numb. Even when Father jumped through the window. I felt sick. I was violated.

Even when the ambulance wrapped me up in some foil. I saw Luka on the same type of bed. The woman was speaking to me.

That was the last time I was raped...

Yet

A/N: Finally!!! The prologue is finally DONE!!!

Sorry for all those people who waited about three weeks... I was having writer's block.

Now I feel like a goddamn meanie...

1000 EFFIN' WORDS MATE!!! 1000!!!!!