LOVE IS WIND

“ Love doesn’t have happy endings” that’s my motto in life.

   Well, my name is Cielo Villafuerte.

I’m already thirty years old and I can always remember the happenings in my life when I was seventeen.

It really made the most of me and who am I now.

             Thirteen years ago, I’m only a girl who wants to be alone in her room everytime.

My daily routine is not the same like other teenagers do.

I go to school the I go home.

I don’t like going to malls with my friends and I really hate partying,

even if that’s the usual thing my classmates do.

That’s why I’m always refusing them whenever they invite me to a party.

Well, there’s no point for going to a party.

People are partying because they just want to flirt with someone they barely know.

In other words, STRANGERS.

I’d rather read bible or read other books during weekends than to party.

Obviously, I’m not sociable. I’m a loner. I always want some peace and silence.

I don’t like loud musics, party musics or even rock musics.

Instead, I like classical musics or Christian songs.

They make me so relaxed.

              I’m living in the city of Manila.

My parents are separated. I’m living with my mother.

My dad is living in Bacolod which is very far from Manila, that’s why I barely see him.

I’m just a simple boyish girl wjo doesn’t open her heart for boys.

              For me, boys are just a waste of time.

They don’t do anything special for girls.

My friends’ boyfriends proved it.

They just make girls cry!

Well, why do you have to waste your time on something that will only make you cry?

But that percepion of mine was changed. It was changed by someone whom I gonna call Nate.

              It was December 20, 1998 when I first saw Nate Pisco in a Christmas Party that I’m forced to go to.

It’s my dare actually.

I was sitting on the sofa in the veranda, when Nate first approached me.

Nate was a handsome guy, has brown eyes, blackish-brown hair and white skin.

“Enjoy watching the stars?” he asked cheerfully.

“Oh, yeah” I answered.

“Why are you so limited in spitting out your words?”

I didn’t answer his question. I don’t entertain strangers like him.

As I was heading out of the party to go home, he blocked me in the doorway and said “I’m Nate.

Nate Pisco, 17 years old, from the city of Manila and currently studying at UST.”

“Why are you telling me those things?”