Chapter One

*Kassie's POV*
When my mom told me her job had transferred her to Virginia, I honestly was okay with it. It's not like I didn't have any friends in Texas, but I just felt like I had nothing holding me back from moving. I had always wanted to move states or even schools and just start fresh. When my parents got divorced, my mom and I wanted to move, but her job in Texas made her stay. Surprisingly I couldn't be more excited to start my new life in Herndon, Virginia.

After what seemed to be the longest drive of my life from Houston to Virginia, we pull into our new neighborhood. I look around and can't help but notice very unique houses up and down the streets. The area was so different from Texas. There was still some snow left on the ground from the winter months but looked like it was clearing up. The trees were the prettiest colors of light green and specks of orange and beautiful pink flowers were everywhere in the neighborhood. I could tell that I would like my new life here.

After getting situated in our house, I decided I wanted to walk around the neighborhood and get a feel of where I would be living.

"Mom, I'm gonna go on a quick walk outside, I'll be back soon," I yell walking out the door.

"Okay, Kassie! Text me if you need anythi--," I quickly shut the door behind me excited to scope out the streets.

As soon as I get out of my driveway, I see a boy in the street who seems to be filming himself on his phone. Even though he looked pretty cute from where I was standing, I didn't want to go introduce myself and interrupt his video, so I walk the opposite way from him. After walking for just about a minute down the street, I hear a voice yell "Hey! Wait up!" from behind me.

I turn around to see the same boy that was filming himself earlier. When he came up to me, I realized how cute he actually was up close.

"Sorry for not saying anything earlier I was filming a vine.." the boy said slightly blushing. "My name is Jacob, are you my new neighbor?" Jacob asked.

I was automatically attracted to Jacob. He dressed better than any of the boys in Texas and his voice made me feel like I was in heaven. I couldn't help but stare at him for the longest time until I realized that I had to speak.

"I think I am!" I say way too excitedly. "Yeah, I saw you filming something I didn't want to interrupt," I say feeling butterflies in my stomach.

I had never felt this way so fast about any boy I had ever met in my life. I never wanted this moment to end, and all we had said was a couple of words!

"Oh no, you can interrupt anytime hah," Jacob said with the cutest smirk on his face. Was he trying to flirt with me?

"By the way my name is Kassie," I say totally forgetting that I hadn't even told Jacob my name yet.

"Well Kassie, you are a very pretty... uh.. person haha," Jacob said blushing even more. I could tell he was nervous which made him even cuter.

"Awe, thanks Jacob! That's so sweet of you!" I say trying my hardest to contain my excitement. I literally felt like I was falling in love with him and I hadn't even talked to him for a minute yet.

"Haha, no problem," Jacob laughed.

His pretty hazel eyes were staring down at mine and I felt like it was just me and him in the whole world. His hand was right in front of me and I wanted so bad to just grab it but it was way too soon for that. Right then I could tell that he would be my favorite part of Virginia.

Both forgetting that we were just standing there staring at each other, I hear Jacob's beautiful voice in my ears again.

"Well I better go finish that vine..." There was silence as we were both disappointed the conversation was ending. "But I'll definitely see you later!" Jacob says.

I continue my walk down the street not being able to think about anything but Jacob. I had never felt this way about any boy I had ever liked. His voice was stuck in my head. The thought of how he runs his fingers through his perfect hair made me weak. His outfit was so hot on him an--

"Kassie, wait!" I hear Jacob's voice call again.

Thanks for reading! Tell me what you guys think of it so far!! && follow me on Instagram/Twitter!!
Insta: @magconwife
Twitter: @ohhmagcon
💚💚💚💚