Don't

She threw her dagger in anger; full force her dagger plunged into the back of her enemy, Right through his spine snapping it. He died instantaneously, but not before he tried to kill him. In front of her leaning against a tree her love was there with, her now dead enemy's dagger in his chest. Crying she knelt next to him gently pulling it out. He was still breathing but barely. Scared for his life, not knowing what to do she ripped off part of his shirt binding him until she could get him help.

Her horse was to far to leave him there alone. She used all her strength and lifted him into her arms. The fear of losing him gave her enough strength to carry him away from the murderous mess and to safety.

Reaching where they had left their horse, she was exhausted. Careful she lifted him and herself onto the horse and rode off. Far away from the tragedy.

***

With a blood curdling scream he awoke. The girl looked over at him, watching as he looked around in horror.

"I see that you've finally awoken," she said dully. His wondering eyes shot to her, wide and terrified.

"What the bloody hell happened?" he demanded. Suddenly noticing the look on her face he realized something was different. She looked as though she was gone, without any emotion at all.

"You died." her voice was the most emotionless thing he's ever heard.

"Excuse me, but I what!?" he was filling with anger not realizing what was happening. She walked over to the horse and grabbed a canteen. Returning to where he sat she handed it to him.

"Drink. You were out since two nights before last." her words were simple but he couldn't understand. He took the canteen in silence knowing she wasn't going to answer him.

They sat quietly for what seemed like hours before she got us and walked a small distance away and stood staring at nothing.

"I killed a man that night," she spoke full of now descending sorrow. "I killed him saving you. And you died in my arms." He could hear it in her voice now, she was crying. He rose to his feet feeling a sharp pain in his right arm; approaching her with caution.

"Tell me what happened, please." his voice compelling her, but she became one again, silent. Slowly he put his hand on her shoulder turning her to look at him. Her eyes were focused on the ground avoiding his gaze. She could face him, not like this.

"Why won't you look at me?" he asked quietly, absorbing her sadness. Her tears fell from her cheeks to the forest floor. He put is hand lightly under her chin and tilted her head up to his. He looked deep into her eyes, and bright blue sky filled with tears. Her spirit was seemingly broken.

"I did everything I could to save you and I failed, yet here you are," her words we're ruff from crying.

"I don't understand. If, if I had died, then how am I here talking to you, touching you?" his mind was swimming. He couldn't comprehend any if this, nor could he remember.

"I cried over your lifeless body when we arrived here, I prayed and prayed I was mistaken, and you were alright, then she appeared, a demon."