Chapter 7

Buzz buzz

I tossed over to my side and reached for my phone. The screen blinded me when I turned it on. It was four in the morning on a weekday, who could it possibly be?

New text message from 011-785-2906

I unlocked my phone and to read the message.

"Let us forget last night, in fact let us forget everything. Let us start over."

I sat up and reread the message over and over again as if the meaning was hidden somewhere between the letters.

Then a three little dots appeared below the original message. Finally the new message showed up.

"I'll be seeing you, so let's get along. Ji Rah."

I had a dire urge to reply with "new phone, who dis?" just to fuck with them because they dared to text at such an hour.

Instead I put back my phone and tried to fall back asleep. But my curiously wasn't giving up. I figured it might have either been Young Do or Jin Ah but the text was to vague to differ.

Before I knew it was 6:50 and it was time for me to get ready for school. When I got to school, I over heard two girls walk past me say "I heard he's from Busan's most dangerous mafia. But he's got killer looks for a someone like that."

Busan's mafia, huh? This was gonna be interesting. There were a group of girls gathered by the bathroom doors all looking in the same direction. I followed their stares to someone opening their locker. I squinted my eyes to get a better look.

My heart stopped. J-Jin Ah, what the hell was he doing here? My legs went numb and gave out on my weight. Just before I hit the ground, I felt an arm wrap around me and I was pulled close to them.

"Don't take this wrong way." The person spoke.

I knew the voice too well by now, it was Young Do. He managed to slip his other arm beneath my legs so that he could lift me completely off the ground.

"What are you doing?"
"Im taking you to the infirmary."
"I'm fine."
"Really? Because you look like you've seen a ghost."

Ghost? I wish it was.
----------------------------------------------
"You don't have to stay." I said from the bed the nurse had told me rest on.
"I'm not staying on your behalf. I just simply don't want to go to first period. Besides, it's quite here."

I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes, it was already lunch time. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and noticed Young Do was gone.

"I figured you were here." Someone said from behind me.

I looked back to see Jin Ah walking in. My heart quickened and I began to feel nauseous.

"Are you okay?"

He sat down next to me.

"Don't act like you care." When I said that, the same sad expression from last night took over his face.

I brushed it off and walked towards the door. I heard him mumble something under his breath but I was too afraid to care what he had said.