00

The living conditions kept on getting worse and worse. Trash overflowed the rivers, lakes, streets; it always seemed to follow you everywhere you went. In the slums, people were living shoulder to shoulder in their tents, or ruins of the apartments that used to stand there. There was no space to move. Sickness spread like wildfire, diseases that seemed to be extinct had revived from the dead. Children abandoned by their mothers and fathers were left in the streets of the city to hopefully be collected and lead a better life. There was no where to go. Everywhere was occupied. Fifteen billion people and counting inhabited the Earth. The majority of these people lead a poor life living with only a few coins to spend a day. Rarely does one come upon one that has a stable lifestyle and is employed. The World's Government was struggling to find a solution to the everlasting cycle of the poverty.

Their answer: elimination.

Gather the whole population into one area. Assign challenges for the people to complete. The last billion to the complete the tasks were eliminated from the Earth. Those who chose to not participate would be eliminated before the competition began. Some knew their time would be up before the tasks were assigned. Some started to train themselves physically, hoping for a positive outcome. When the announcement came on that one day in July, the population knew that the Earth would no longer be the same one that they had lived on for the number of years. Earth would never be the same.