Prolouge

As the shuttle rounded the back side of the moon a transmission came though to Huston.
"We are beginning our hour-long radio cut-off from Earth, see you guys on the other side."
When shuttles would orbit around the moon there was about an hour where they were to be cut off from all radio contact with Earth. Despite the latest state of the art equipment aboard the new shuttle, they were still cut off.
"Roger that, have a safe journey gentlemen."

Greg Owens, the captain of the shuttle in its madian voyage orbiting around the moon turned to his crew.
"Alright boys here we go."
As if responding to his statement the radio system faded to static.
The captain went to shut it off.
"Hey!" Dan said "let's leave it on, haven't you heard to stories of the guys on the Apollo mission that heard that weird music?"
"Oh come on it was just probably--"
The captain was interrupted. The radio had made a blip and for a second, he thought he heard a girls voice.
He smiled
"probably the last of the signals getting through."
His other two crew members didn't seem to buy this, and the captain wasn't so sure himself.

A half hour later after playing a thrilling game of iSpy (most of the answers turned out to be moon rock) the radio tuned into something
"co--" came a female sounding voice.
"Are we almost out of the dark zone?" Alex asked.
The captain looked at his watch and scowled.
"Not even close we still have at least another half hour before we can even pick up hints of transmission."
The radio bliped again. This time a clear voice came through.
"COME" it said.
The crew fell silent, a shiver ran up the captains ankles.
The radio stopped broadcasting static, replaced now by a haunting wooshing like air through a hollow tube.
"It's the music!" Dan said.
"This is fucking creepy, turn it off!" Alex said
He made a move to switch the radio off but then though the whirring a voice came again.
"COOMMMMEEE HOOOMMMEE" it said.

The ship never made it out of the dark zone. The next day, the crew was pronounced dead. The captains daughter, a young Cindy Owens knew when the ship crashed. She was in second grade and the sky grew dark, she looked up, through the dark sky the moon was the only visible source of light, which was strange because it was high noon on what was supposed to be a sunny April day.
In her head she could swear she heard a voice, a voice she wouldn't hear again for another 20 years. A female voice saying... "COME home."