Chapter 1- Heather

"Heather!" a voice called me.

I stopped kicking the punching bag and turned my head around. There stood my mother, holding a letter in her hands. I swipped the beads of sweat on my forehead as I went towards her. Her light blue eyes fit together with her pinkish red lips formed in a nice, sweet smile.

"Another one?" I scoffed, looking at the letter.

"The 50th one this week." she laughed.

Since I am the alpha's daughter, and a full moon ball exclusively for wolves, AND it's my 19th birthday at that time, I am required to choose a dance partner. And ever since that announcement came up, so many of them from all around the world sent me request letters. I'm fine with that, but I never got any privacy anymore. My mom also wants to end this, and says that I should go alone. I totally agree with her statement. After all, I am mortal (like in human aging), and I'm turning 19 years old. 

I opened the letter, and this one came from Leron, the Scotland's Alpha's son. Mostly, my letters came from many alpha's sons from all aorund the world. My clan lived in Canada, which is now freezing us to death because of the climate there. So, we moved to London which is still cold, but bearable. 

The letter read: "Hello sweet angel. I am Leron, from Scotland, and is the Alpha's son here. I wish for you to join me dancing under the moonlight as I look at your beautiful face. I hope for the best you pick me. ~Leron." I scoffed again as I placed in on my box of letters, which looked kinda full. I went back to the punching bag and did my bussiness.

"Remember, it's your first hunting tonight, and you better get ready!" my mom reminds me.

"Yeah mom, I will." I answered as I punched the bag hard.

Every 19th birthday of the Alpha's son/daughter, they will get to do their first hunt. And, yes, the ball's tonight. So, I have to wear a dress, and rip it to pieces soon enough. So much for the maid's hard works. The gown IS beautiful. It shines in a white silky color reaching down to the floor. Strapped on the waist line is a line of white roses. It's strapless, but I don't mind. I just hope it won't fall off.

I don't just sit here all day in our area, but sometimes, I go out on adventures myself. I would sneak out by 4:00 p.m. (when my parents are out) and arrive at exactly 8:00 p.m. (when the arrive). One time, I even went past the line of the wolf territory. Yes, I did that, but there wasn't any treaty yet, so what the heck.

I took a break, and took a shower. When I'm sweaty, I really smell like a wet dog, because I AM a dog. Well, not really A dog but we are somehow related to dogs. I don't eat people, but I eat normal human food. Stuff like hotdog, omlettes, bacon, and anything else. But, I really love eating meat, which is cooked, not raw. 

I looked at the clock, as the long hand pointed exactly onto the number 12 which signaled the start of the 4:00 afternoon. I heaved a sigh and went towards the door. I was about to turn the knob when a hand stopped me. Who else...Jamie...

"Heather, not today please?" her serious tone rang.

I turned around to meet her baby blue eyes, the same shade as mine.

"But Jamie..."

Only Jamie, my sister, knows about me running out. She keeps it a secret, but is really concerned. She's my older sister, who looks a bit like me. She has long brown hair that reaches to her chest, with her skin glowing in a fair color. Her slightly big lips were in a rosy pink color in the same shade as her cheeks. Aside from her thick eyebrows, her eyes mostly took the boys' breathes away. Sister-sister relationship and all that biz.

"Not today Heather, please?" she pleads, putting her hands together in a begging position.

I thought for a bit and smirked at her.

"What are you up to Heather...." she mutters.

"CHASE ME FIRST!"

I ran outside and transformed into my wolf form. My fur is white which is dotted with a few gray spots, and I'm only half the size of my father. My sister's fur is brown (I don't know what is up with her and the color brown) with a few black spots. Even though she's older than me, I am a LOT faster than she is. My paws ran onto the muddy ground as Jamie tried to keep up with me. Her tongue dangled out of her mouth as she began to slow down. 

She suddenly stops, as her eyes widened. I stopped as well, and look at her.

"Jamie? What's wrong?" I asked through my mind.

"WATCH OUT!" she shouts in her thoughts as she pounces on something...or someone.

A vampire. In our territory. Not this one again. She's been sent to kill one of us. She always watches us from afar, but we always notice. Jamie growls at her as she struggles to get off of her.

"Kill her!" she commands.

The vampire threw Jamie off into a tree and making her wince in pain. I looked at the vampire with anger, growling at her. She smiled wickedly as her claws showed.

"Aww, poor little doggy, her sister's wounded. What in devor should I do?" she mocks.

I barked at her and took a step forward.

"If that's how you want it then..." she grins.

I sprung at her as she dashed away. I turned my paws to her again, who was laughing miniacly at me. I snarled and leaped to her again. Suddenly, Jamie catches her first, and holds her down tight. I walked slowly to her, as I grumbled lowly.

"Who's poor now?" I mocked her.

She hissed at me and spat.

Without hesitation, I took her head into my mouth and ripped it out. Her body flinched a bit and slowly turned into ashes. I took a moment to catch my breathe as I layed down on the ground. So many vampires were sent to kill one of us, and I really hate it. I think they didn't want to kill just my grandmother, but the whole Alpha family. Jamie laid down beside me as she heaved.

"Are you okay Jamie?" I asked.

"Yeah, hurt, but otherwise, fine." she breathes.

We both headed back as I was again lost in thought. I really don't like those filthy bloodsuckers. They run around killing people who did nothing but live innocently. And we get blamed for all of their dirty work. Someday, I will have all of their heads off. I will kill all of them.