Epilogue

Epilogue

"Cora!!"

Cora spun around and narrowed her eyes through the velvet curtains, cascading onto her bed. The sun peaked through as the maid shuffled around to open the large window. Cora got up from bed and pulled the delicate curtains aside, she got up and ran over to the wardrobe pulling out a simple, red gown and forest, green cape. Slipping into the bath tub, she washed herself down and got dressed, hurrying towards the wind, she suddenly stopped.

Cora was still awe-struck that this entire island behind her. It had been five years since the Island of Desparia resurfaced with a new leader. There was not much time to think of these memories, though. The Cair Paravel Ball was tomorrow, and Cora was still very depressed about Jack.

After five years of wishing he hadn't died and hoping he didn't have to suffer for her. Cora had not been able to move on, but maybe that should change. She went up to the top of the ship she was on and June greeted her with a friendly nudge.

The ship was manned by goblins and made of the finest, oak wood in Desparia. There main exports consisted of wood, fish, and fruits that were  still unknown to the rest of Narnia. Cora had packed plenty for the Ball.

~~~

After there late arrival to Cair Paravel, Cora made her way into the Ball. Every eye seemed to on her when she entered. At first, she thought she was not welcome. Before all her family came down and embraced her. She only had time to say hi to Geoffrey and Lucy before a loud bang of music broke out among the crowd, the dancing had proceeded.

There was much happiness in the air as Cassandra and Edmund made her way to Cora. Cora smiled and hugged her mother tightly.

"You are a most beautiful queen." Cassandra beamed, as Edmund hugged her.

"Thanks Mom." Cora grinned.

Cora started dancing with a few men who approached her, after her mother had disappeared with her father back through the crowd. A few moments into the dancing a particular man caught up with Cora. Cora looked up and smiled.

Cora gazed around but she didn't meet any of the men's eyes, she was fine being an independent queen, she'd been doing it since she was fifteen. As the rest of the people danced away, Cora left to the courtyard and looked out.

Unexpectedly, an enormous golden lion came up behind Cora, but Cora was not scared. She turned and gave a weak smile. She had never seen Aslan before, but she always figured she would meet him.

"You have done well." he said, gently.

"I did what I needed too." Cora answered, her voice steady.

"The Island of Desparia will continue to prosper with you, and I will always watch over you."

"Your rule over my land will be forever blessed..."

"Thank you." I breathed.

The Island was mine and safe, Narnia was at peace again. Aslan smiled at me as though he could read my thoughts.

"All is well." he said, gently.