Part 2

Few weeks passed, he changed. He stopped texting me. He stopped sit at my table. He stop saying "morning". He stop staring at me and say I'm cute. He was completely shut me off from his world. I made my decision. My family will be moving next week. I didn't tell anyone except Teacher Nancy, my homeroom teacher. I asked her to keep this by ourselves and I don't want to let others know. Since my family will be moving soon, I don't want to drag this shit any longer. I went to Vanessa's table and she greeted me as usual. Well, I know she won the best actress award last year so I knew all of that was just an act.

"Vanessa, can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

"Do you think dating your old crush that you once rejected is possible?"

"Yeah of course. You can't expect things, right? Why are you asking?"

"Oh nothing. A friend of mine started dating his crush that once rejected him so many times. I guess he really loved her"

She stared at me. Looks like she realized that I knew she was dating Zack. Zack was practically watching us. They think I'm dumb enough to be fooled but, I'm way faster than they thought I were. The bell rings, the last period ends. I packed my stuff and went straight home. I don't looked back. I realized that Zack was just a loser who used me to get Vanessa back. When I arrived home, my mom and my dad was busy packing our stuff.

"Oh you're home early today, sweetie"-mom

"Yeah. There's no reason why should I stay at school"

"Honey, there's something we want to tell you. I and your mother decided to move two days from now. You okay with that?"-dad

"Oh okay. I don't mind. The faster we move, the better"

I went to my room and started to packed my stuff too. Then, Mike called.

"ca..."

"Yup?"

"I heard that you'll move this Thursday. Is that true?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"What? Why didn't you tell our classmates? Why didn't you tell me, Brandon, and Ash?"

"I'm sorry I just don't want to say this shitty farewell to you guys."

"But we were your best friend. Are you packing your things right now?"

"Yeah"

"Let me help you. I'll bring those guys, Shania and Amy okay?"

He hung up. 20 minutes later, they came for real. They helped my family packed our things. After we finished, we hang at my room.

"Why didn't you tell us?"-Amy

"I didn't want to bother anyone. I just want to move quietly that's it."

"But we're not anyone. We're your best friend"-Brandon

"True, we always stick together through thick and thins"-Shania

"But, why you suddenly move?"-Ash

"My dad were promoted to be a surgeon chief at California"

"CALIFORNIA?!"-All of them

"I know it's far from here. But I promise we will keep in touch okay?"

"Okay. Take care okay?"-Mike

"Oh one more thing, don't let our classmates know about this okay? Saying goodbye was not my forte"

"Sure. But what about Zack? Does he knew that you'll leave?"-Brandon

"no. don't ever tell him"

They nodded. After we talked for a while, I sent them home.

The next day, it was my last day and I need to talk to Zack. Since Teacher Nancy knew that I'll move tomorrow, she emptied all periods for that day. My classmates think that all of our subject teachers was having meetings. As usual, I saw Zack sat in front of Vanessa talking and laughing. Mike gave me that 'what's wrong?' look. I shake my head and pretend that everything was fine. Few minutes passed, Zack came to me and asked me to meet him at the rooftop. We went there and talked.

"What do you want?"

"Bae, I'm so sorry I left you out. Sorry"

"It's too late. I knew that you were dating Vanessa at my back. I knew you cheated on me with my own friend. I knew that you don't love me anymore. I knew that you always love Vanessa. All this time, it was never me, but Vanessa. All this time, I knew you never meant your promises that you made with me. I knew all this time you were pretending to love me but you actually love Vanessa and still hoping for her. But you know what? I'm cool with that. Go with her. Don't come back. And I will do the same. Let's just get through this shit"

"How did you know?"

"Well, who the fuck didn't notice? You completely ignore me and stop texting me. You never called again. You suddenly sit at Vanessa's table every morning and do the same thing like what we used to do but this time, with her. You always eat with her and never asked me to join you guys. And all of sudden, Vanessa talks to you again."

"I'm sorry. I was going to tell you but I can't spit the truth"

"Well, I used to be your CABAE, but now not anymore. Vanessa is your new bae. I can't wish you guys a long lasting relationship, but thanks for all those memories even though it was meant for Vanessa. Take care"

I walked away without turning once. I don't even shed a tears. I didn't want to change my decision. That's it. I don't want to suffer anymore. I called my mom and asked her to pick me up as soon as she can. I just wanted to go home. My mom picked me and bought me to shopping mall to buy some stuff. After that, we went home and I sleep immediately. When morning arrives, I heard noises as the movers were packing our stuff into the truck. I took my morning showers and get ready. This is it. I will leave my pain right here. I don't want to come back because it hurts. I can't bear the pain any longer. I went down and get into the car. I've said my farewells to my best friend earlier. We went off to the airport. I already got the flight ticket to California on my hands. We check in and aboard to California. I don't even care about them anymore. Fuck them. I promised myself to be happy and forget all this shit. He isn't worth it. He don't even deserve me. I smiled. Goodbye, pain!