Dream World

“You know I love you, right?” he said and kissed my hand, I loved his smiley it reminded me of home. “Yeah I do”, I smiled while my cheeks turned red. I felt joy being around him, I felt loved. I pulled my hands in his hair, looking in to his brown eyes and realized this was home, he was home. “You’re home to me”, I smiled while I was blushing. “You’re my world, Valerie. I don’t want to be without you.” He said scarily just like I was about to disappear.  “But I know I have to, I’ve been keeping you here for too long…” he put my hair behind my ear and smiled that smiley only he can smile, the smile that made me feel home. “I love you”, he kissed me, a soft and slowly kiss that made my body shiver. I wished it would never end, that in that moment we’d be infinity, but it didn’t because I woke up.

Valerie sixteen have been in coma for over five years. When she was ten she ended up in a car accident and she never woke up from anyone’s voice or touch in the real world, not her dads, not her moms, not her sister, not her best friend and not even from her ex-boyfriend  Jarred (but Jarred is long gone, he moved away years ago). But a kiss in Dream World woke her up, a simple kiss brought her back to life again.

Everybody says it’s a miracle she’s alive even the news says it, but Valerie doesn’t feel like a miracle she’s a mess.  She can’t remember anyone around her and the people she’s around is strangers to her. The people that used to mean the world to her is now strangers she’d do anything to escape from – they’re too overprotective she can’t even walk out the door without them following her like some lost poppy.

But then she meets Jamey the guy next door with brown eyes who’ve lived there for over ten years. She can’t remember him; she doesn’t even have any memory of him. But he’s familiar, so familiar but why can’t she figures out why? Why is Jamey familiar but not anyone else? Why him… Valerie can’t stop think about it, she has to know him…