Prologue - Keeping You For Too Long

I smiled looking out of the window the sun was shining just as usual. Everything in my life was perfect, everything. I had everything I could wish for, and I’d never wish for more or less. I felt happy, I always feel happy and no one could take it away from me – no one.

“Scott”, I looked around and couldn’t find him anywhere. “Urgh, Scott why do you always want to play hide and seek, ha?” I started to walk fast until I finally was out of the house and in the yard. “There you are”, I smiled and went down on my knees so I would be just as tall as him.

“Man, what I hate when you run away like that”, I petted him and ended up sitting on the green grass. “It’s lovely isn’t it? The weather is amazing, it’s always amazing.” I looked up to the blue sky and just smiled like a retard. It was so warm that I could run around naked. But that would’ve been weird.

“I’ve been waiting for at least an half an hour”, a familiar voice said. I turned around fast and saw him and a smiley was all over my face. I couldn’t help it before I knew it I was running right in his arms. He catches me in his arms and lean his head on my shoulder. “I’ve missed you too”, he whispered in my ear. I can’t help it I started to shiver in his arm just because of his voice. Why did I always end up shiver when he whisperes something in my ear?

“You didn’t show up…” I interrupted him hastily so he couldn’t finish his sentence; “I was just about to go and meet you when I couldn’t find Scott. I search the entire house but he wasn’t there, so I went out to the yard and here he was. Even though I screamed his name like one million times he didn’t show up”, I sigh irritated.

“It’s okay Val I believe you.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I know you are that’s why I brought the picnic here”, he looked down at the basket. I hadn’t even notice it was there until know. “I so didn’t see that.” He laughed and shook his head.  “I know.” I rolled my eyes and sat down on the grass. He sat down next to me petting Scott. “I love your dog”, he said and throw the ball far away so Scott could ran after it. “I love him too. He is my best friend”, I smiled looking at Scott running faster than what I would ever be able to do.

“So what am I?”

“What do you mean with ‘what am I’ we’re friend right’?”

“Valerie don’t play dumb with me.”

“I’m not playing dumb!”

“Whatever”, he mumbled and took out a sandwich from the basket. “Are you angry with me?” he stopped eating and just stared at me. “I could never be angry with you Valerie”, he took my hand and looked me in the eyes. His brown eyes started to spark and if I was standing right now I would’ve fall down on my knees because those eyes make my knees weak.

“You know I love you, right?” he said and kissed my hand, I loved his smiley it reminded me of home. “Yeah I do”, I smiled while my cheeks turned red. I felt joy being around him, I felt loved. I pulled my hands in his hair, looking in to his brown eyes and realized this was home, he was home. “You’re home to me”, I smiled while I was blushing. “You’re my world, Valerie. I don’t want to be without you.” He said scarily just like I was about to disappear.  “But I know I have to, I’ve been keeping you here for too long…” he put my hair behind my ear and smiled that smiley only he can smile, the smile that made me feel home. “I love you”, he kissed me, a soft and slowly kiss that made my body shiver. I wished it would never end, that in that moment we’d be infinity, but it didn’t because I woke up.