Chapter 5

Nobody's reading this, but I still updated. That's okay cause this is more for me than anyone else.

This chapter isn't too good because I'm sad. I failed my math test and I got a solid 10 minute lecture from each of my parents. I really don't like lectures, and sorry for boring you with my nerdy life. I just wanted to explain why this chapter is bad.

One more thing: Have any of you read Wicked? I'm only on like page 50. It's kinda nasty, and I don't like Melena. She's such a slut. What's your opinion of the book?

Anyway, vote, comment, and try to enjoy this chapter even though I made it hard. Bye friends!

-

Today, for the first time ever, I actually wake up before Tara. After doing a victory dance for a solid 5 minutes, I decide to go to the park for a stroll, just to clear my mind. I don't usually get the opportunity to do this, so I'm in a better mood than usual this morning.

I get ready quickly, throwing on my clothes in a frenzy. I put my hair up in a messy bun and let a few tendrils of blonde hair fall daintily on either side of my head. Marianne is sleeping silently yet deeply, as usual, and she looks darling. She's growing up so fast, and I feel like I've missed so much of it. It's like I'm forever busy with other things, and even though it's only to protect her, I still feel awful about it. I watch her for a little while, enjoying this undisturbed moment of peace. Then, taking care not to wake up Tara, I creep to the door and slip out undetected. It's time to relax.

The park is unusually sunny today and I congratulate myself on my continuing good luck. I pass multiple people on my walk, including an elderly couple holding hands, a stressed young man pushing a stroller, and a teenage girl with headphones settled upon her ears. Flower patches are scattered around the area, and the bright and alluring colors fill me with a sense of contentment. A couple squirrels scurry up and down enormous trees, and birds soar across the sky in sucession, looking like they could just keep going forever. Flying and flying away from everything they've ever known until all that's left is themselves and the endless sky, full of possibilities and freedom. Suddenly, all I want to be is a bird, to be able to fly away without problems nipping at my feet and dragging me back down to earth. But I'm not, and I'm starting to think I never will be. Shaking my head gently, I shift my thoughts to more pleasant things and forge on.

After walking around for awhile and enjoying the nature, I plop down on a bench, completely out of breath. I watch the little kids climb and laugh on the large playground structure. The sight of them having so much fun brings a smile to my face. They're so adorable and innocent, some of the most enviable qualities of children. I really love kids, and if I wasn't trapped in my current situation, I'd definitely be a teacher.

A couple minutes later, I feel someone sit down on the bench next to me. I turn to see who it is and hastily spin back around, regretting my actions. It's Niall. He shifts to see who I am and I can tell by his eyes that he's recognized me.

"Emma?" says a familiar Irish accent.

"What? Oh hey, Niall! I didn't see you there! How's it going?" I chirp, pretending that I hadn't known it was him. What are the chances I'd run into a stranger twice in such a short span of time?

"Great now that you're here," he blurts, smiling bashfully. Then, when he realizes what he's said, he glances down, embarrassed. I stare at him for a moment, not believing he'd actually say something like that to a girl he doesn't even know.

"Did you really just say that?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

As expected, his expression becomes stricken, and he opens and closes his mouth, trying and failing to get words out.