Prologue

Young Laura Yate Gex was a student who kept to herself, was silent until called on, and made as best grades as she could.

Laura was used to ordinary communication. She was voluntarily shutting herself out from the world. She would talk to people, but only if they spoke first. Laura wanted a good life of wealth. She needed a degree, so she worked as best she could. But at this cheap school, there isn't much to learn.

Then, to top it all off, the local bully decides that they've run out of targets, all except Laura. Laura's smart mouth wasn't much help in the situation that followed. While Laura wanted that degree, she couldn't allow herself to show respect to people who don't deserve it.

Long story short, soon to be put short story long, when that bully couldn't take Laura's mouth, and decided to bruise it. When her attempt failed, she tried again. Only to hear a shout of pain from behind her. The bully turned around and one of her posse on the ground holding her cheek as her nose bled on the cement around them. The bully, who's actually soft to her own group, runs to the only girl and carries her away, glancing back at Laura with a death stare.

Laura, who didn't even understand what just occurred stood, in surprise as to how any of this has happened. How the punch didn't touch Laura. How the girl suddenly got hit. Soon, Laura pretends nothing happened until she's certain about what it was that protected her.

Soon, the news and gossip died down. And it became nothing but a legend. As to how Laura Yate Gex stood up to the most feared person at Raven House High school.

Nothing but a legend.