Society's a beauty killer.

Side Note: The guy on the side line is a babe. <3

-- -- --

I guess growing up, I always lived in a fantasy world where hot guys would fall for nerdy girls, like me. Or atleast, like who I use to be. Turns out, I was completely wrong. Well, not completely. Sure, there's hope that cocky, arrogant, hot babes of a guy could fall in love with nerdy, smart, sophisticated but unpopular and low on the 'hotties list' girls. What I learned to realize is only once I started to feel confident with myself and accept who I was, only then did I began to make friends. I'll admit when I say that my looks did help me out a lot with getting boys attention, but my true friendships were based on who I truly was, and showing people the real me. Might I say, I've never been more proud of myself in my life. 

"Come on Emma. We have to go to Grandma's!" Jake's voice boomed from downstairs. 

Glancing back into the mirror, I grinned in satisfaction and confiedence. I slightly curled my hair, with a simple look of side sweeped bangs, light brown eyeshadow with mascarra and light lipgloss. My varsity leather jacket was overtop of my white tank top and my ripped, light skinny jeans were tucked into my black, short uggs. 

Practically prancing down the stairs, I lunged at Jake and tackled him to the ground. Laughing like a child, I heard Jake's husky chuckle from underneath me.

Wait. Jake's voice isn't hus- Oh shit.

Was all that was running through my mind.

Getting up, I brushed my clothes off and stepped back, muffling an

"I'm sorry. Thought you were Jake." 

A sexy looking, Chance stood up from the ground wearing a white buttoned blazer with dark, Abercrombie jeans and gorgeous bed-head hair, stared at me with his eyes dancing in excitement. 

I guess he assumed I had forgiven him, which knowing my innocent semi-pure mind, I had.

"It's fine, don't sweat it Ems." He side-smirked like a devil-ish play boy. 

"K." Was all I said, looking down at the floor letting my hair fall infront of my face, and fidling around with my hands like a complete weirdo. 

But in reality, I wanted to say, "Lovely, so now we have pet-names for each other? I don't think so. Asswipe. "

Of course though, I couldn't bring myself to saying such a thing to someone such as him. 

"About that party-" Chance begun, bringing me to raise my head, locking eyes with him. 

And when thing's start to go right in my life, there's always the wrong that comes and destroys it because here comes my brother, marching down the hallway yelling ,

"Chance! Finally bro, you made it. I'm finally starting to think your gay by how long it seems to take you to get ready." 

Rolling my eyes, I gave a scoff and walked off into one of our numourous amounts of vehicles, the 

1963 220b Mercedes (W111).

"Hurry up guys!" I screamed out of the car, watching as the both boys had a serious look on one another's face.

Of course, I was sitting in the back. I'd rather not start a fight when obviously, I belonged coming last.

"Mother fucker."  Jake groaned under his breath in a voice mixed between betrayal and anger. 

Furrowing my eyebrows in ultimate confusion, I glanced over to a guilty looking Chance.

Sitting back in my seat, Jake's right foot stomped down on the gas pedal and we bolted down the streets.

The last of my thoughts were,

"Hope the cops don't pull us over." 

But apparently, that was the last of my worries, because next thing I knew, lights of all colours blurred my vision while I heard someone's phone on speaker and a woman in a serious tone speak,

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?"