The reunion

After me and Amaro ran to the car I put my foot down and literally stepped on the accelerator. I had so many questions. What was he doing back  in New York? Why didn't he call to say he was back? My spinning mind came to a halt when we finally made it to the scene. Chaos. Anywhere and everywhere I looked all I could see was chaos. Big crowds where pushing and shoving to see the road where the hit and run had been. Police cars were dotted about and the officers were trying to organise the place. But all of that blurred out when I saw him. Being pulled into a stretcher was my ex-partner Elliott Stabler. I jumped out the car and pushed my way to the front of the crowed, Nick following close behind.
"Excuse me miss but you can't go back there." A man in uniform tried to push me back into the crowd but of course I wasn't having any of that.
"Excuse me you son of a bitch but I'm a cop so unless you want me to arrest you right here for putting your hands on a colleague I suggest you let me and my parter through." I said flashing my badge. He visibly gulped and moved aside. As soon as he did I set of running again towards the stretcher. Elliott was just conscious when I got there.
"Elliott." I said lost for any other words. He still looked the same. I don't know why I thought any different. It had only been a few months. A small voice in my head started shouting the answer. It felt longer because you missed him. His voice stopped me from going crazy.
"I told you I don't want you to call Kathy. Call Liv Benson." I don't know why but him saying that made my heart flutter.
"Elliott I'm right here." I said softly, holding his hand. His eyes fluttered open and made contact with mine.
"Liv?" He said before blacking out.
"Excuse me miss but we have to take him to the hospital." One of the paramedics started rolling him away from me. I jogged to keep up with him.
"Okay but I'm riding with him." I said in such a firm voice no one argued.