Do Not Disturb

A normal Saturday night between normal couples would be spent either on a night out or a nice relaxing cuddle session with the significant other.

But, you weren't an ordinary couple.

With one of you being a 27-year-old Marine Biologist with a stand so powerful it could take on the world, and the other being a 26-year-old artist with a not-so-strong stand, you both obviously weren't the norm.

However, this certain Saturday night, you wanted a change .

Your husband was too busy locked in his office to even care about anything other than his thesis, and at this moment in time, it really bugged you. All you wanted was his attention for once, not that you never got it, just that it was...not as often as you'd like it to be.

Halfway through the movie was playing on the TV, not that you were ever paying attention to it to even care, you sprouted the perfect plan.

You were going to get his attention, no matter what.

7:05pm - Attempt Number 1

You braced yourself outside your lover's office door, ready to enter. Knocking hesitantly, you entered the room a few seconds after you had stopped.

A grunt of acknowledgement was all that came from the man sitting behind his desk, scribbling down whatever notes he needed.

You approached the desk, standing tall in front of your husband, earning yourself a quick glance from him before he continued his writing.

Fiddling with your hands out of nervousness, he finally spoke, not lifting his head this time.

"What?" he said indignantly.

"Well, I uh..." you paused, knowing he would probably shut your questions down straight away. "I was thinking that maybe...w-we could watch a movie or something together?" Of all times, this was not one to be acting like a shy schoolgirl admitting her feelings to her crush.

Jotaro sighed.

Your heart was pounding out of your chest at this point, the man you love and his bitter ways made you terrified to even speak to him sometimes.

Jotaro set down his pen and raised himself to look at you properly.

"Why?" he asked.

You shrugged. You didn't really want to admit to him that you were lonely and wanted him to show you some love for once.

Jotaro then 'tch'd, picked back up his pen and continued writing.

You rolled your eyes and walked out of his office.

8:02pm - Attempt Number 2

"Okay, no being nervous this time, [First Name]" you reassured yourself as you put the milk back into the fridge.

Two freshly made cups of hot chocolate and a confidence boost later, you were ready to go.

Surely Jotaro would need a break by now, he is only human after all.

Approaching the office door once more, your stand gingerly opened the door for you, as your hands were full, and you slowly made your way in.

This time, Jotaro showed no signs of communication. He didn't make a sound.

Finally reaching his desk you set both cups on it and set off to find yourself a chair so that you could sit with your husband in peace.

Realizing that the closest chair was back in the kitchen, you set off to get one.