The Truth

I sat there a little startled for the next few moments, I had no problem with lesbians, nor did anyone else in my family. We weren't homophobic like a lot of sad people in this rotten world. Without a second more to waste I just lunged forward and gave Abbie the biggest hug ever, she has had to deal with this all her life and she has sat and suffered in silence. I am glad she admitted it. It made me feel as though nothing is impossible to say or do if you really want to or need to. The look in her face told us she was suffocated by all this but at the same time she looked a little bit happy that it was all out in the open and she was free to live her life her way without the secrecy of her sexuality drowning her. Nodding my head, we both got out the car, walked up to the modern-looking, white school and opened the iron doors.

Period 1. Physical Education. How much I looked forward to that, unlike all the other girls in the class. Those make-up slobbered brats wouldn't know education if it slapped them in the face. Maybe because the amount of foundation would protect them from any hit. I giggled to myself as I saw Sophie, my best friend. She let out a squeal and ran to me, wrapped her pale arms around me and said, "Where have you been all summer!?" The only thing I could say was the truth really. I had been in China. The look on her face was hilarious and to make her stop I had to give her my little monkey plush teddy. Ever heard of love at first sight? Happend a LOT at our school, but none was more beautiful than Sophie and that monkey. Well... maybe Ben and I could top her... If he loved me that is. He is the hottest guy in our school and every geek, make-up brat, rich girl, and even me had the biggest crush on him. But it is all a fairytale, why would he like me? We aren't in many classes together and I aint the prettiest, not that I'm saying I'm ugly because I am definitley not. The amount of admirers I have is astounding. Chittering away the teacher told us we would be all participating in a game of basketball. "Yes!" I thought to myself. Looking around nobody has talked to Ben to be partners yet so I seized the moment, climbed to my little converse covered feet and asked him to go with me. Red? Is his face red? IT WAS! He was blushing! Does that mean that he likes me? Surely not right? Well then the next few moments were a real shocker. "How does a date sound to you then Rach? I've always liked you since we first met in elementary." His face was as red as a beetroot but I imagine mines was way worse. Immediatley I responded with a yes and a squeal. I, Rachel Cooper, was going out with the hottest guy in school, was this a dream? Or was it reality? I couldn't even tell anymore.