Prologue

It was what felt like eternity when it was truly three minutes. The longest three minutes I'd ever known. It all started when my mom planned a family vacation with all my siblings. Elliot, my 15 year old brother had chosen the beach and that we'd fly on a plane to travel there. At the time I thought nothing could go bad, oh, how wrong I was.

At five a.m. On Sunday May 27th 2015, the 5 members of the Harley family had boarded flight C57 for Ocean City, Maryland. As we started the climb I assured myself more and more that I would be fine. Once again, how wrong I was. What I thought were just turbulances became more hazardous making the pilot send warning through the microphone.

That's when it all went down hill – or down air. The plane started to violently shake until the pilot finally lost control. I could feel Allison, Elliot's twin, gripping my arm as the passengers and flight attendents screamed. What felt like eternity was actually three minutes. As a large boom hit the ground I couldn't resist to the sensation that was making my brown eyes go shut until they were closed and I was unconsious. I never felt the pain until I woke up three weeks later in a hospital bed with tubes around me, a mask on my face, and 5 unfamiliar faces around me.