When she leaves

My wife often leaves during the night, which is a strange thing, but not when your used to it.
It started after she had the crash, when a driver knocked her car into the train lines. Luckily, the train was going much slower than it should've been, so she was ok... I think. It's been a while, so my memories of what exactly was said, are a little fuzzy.
She hasn't really been the same since then, like I said, she keeps leaving during the night, and walking up to the church on top of the hill at the end of our road. I guess it's the safest place in the village, there's no doubt in that. But, it's starting to trouble me that my wife doesn't feel safer with me by her side.
She begins to mumble as she walks now, saying how she wants to go home, and that she needs to be free.

But then she completely stopped altogether

She's so cold at times: blocking me out, emotional stand still, and even physically cold, her skin cold as ice. Though I shouldn't be surprised, I never see her out of her pyjamas.

It was about a month ago now, when the police came to my door. They asked if they could speak to me, and told me that they had found my wife's car by the train lines. Of course, they didn't find her, because my wife was currently laid napping in our bed. As soon as I got rid of them, she said she was going for a walk in the cemetery to see all the beautiful flowers . I begged her not to go...

She didn't know how lonely I got...

I love my wife too much to let her get hurt again. So I started to lock the front door and back door. The neighbours noticed my "strange" behaviour, and started calling the police, reporting all sorts of nonsense.
Nobody will interrupt us now, we can live together peacefully and quietly, like a normal, generic, couple, until we both grow old together and watch the sunsets from our back yard patio.

Even if her skin is grey and cold. Even if her face is no longer perfect, I don't mind that it's peeling. I try to brush the maggots out of her thinning hair, but I guess she likes them, she doesn't seem to be bothered by them. She's a lot thinner than what she used to be, but she won't swallow any food, so I have to put my arm all the way down to her stomach to get her to eat, but she is relaxed all the while.

Nobody can disturb us now...

I tried to get her to bathe, but she left her spine on the bed, along with most of her skin, so I couldn't carry her to the bathroom. I don't like it when she doesn't cooperate, but she's always been stubborn.

She is looking a little under the weather at the moment, so I do her make up for her. I can't see where her lips are, so I draw a big grin along her muscles with the lipstick she got from France. Her eyelids sink when I try to put shadow on them, so I leave them be. Her eyes are so empty, so I colour them for her. I must say, she really is looking quite beautiful, I think we may have a nice time tonight...

That's what I would say, if the police didn't walk in just beforehand.
I was arrested, for murder and necrophilia, but I didn't understand. Apparently, the car that hit my wife's was my own. And I was seen by witness' and neighbours carrying her corpse into our house.

...But she isn't dead, she's with me here in this cell. Standing in a crimson dress, though her lipstick must've melted, because it's dripping all over the floor...