Chapter Two: Reeling in.

Clutching the folder tightly to my chest that will tell me everything I need to know about the five boys I'm assigned to, I breeze out of Josie's office. Ignoring the darting eyes and curiosity from the people around me.

"Christina!" A voice calls. I spin around, and face a smirking Natalie jogging up to me. "Heard about the assignment. Nice job bagging those One Direction boys," she says with a wink.

"A job's a job," I say coolly.

"Sure it is. But it doesn't always involve five gorgeous British lads."

I simply roll my eyes at her implications and girlish giggle. Today for her is Pink Friday. Meaning every inch of clothing, is pink. From the five-inch pink, spiked heels she teeters on, to the pink and gold bracelets clinking together on her arm. Her fake tan glows under the dangling office lights, and her face is plastered with overdone makeup.

"That's not what matters to me, anyway," I state. "I'm just doing my job."

Hand on hip, she juts it out, giving me a dubious look. "Are you sure? Because if I were you, I'd be all over that Liam Payne as soon as I meet him."

"Bye, Natalie," I call over my shoulder, walking away from her.

"Have fun!" She giggles, waving a hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the opportunity to explain about Natalie. She came to London as a young, naïve girl with big dreams. Which ended very quickly when the realisation of what she'd down set in. All her life, she'd depended on her family's wealth and the luxuries it offered. Now, she was an eighteen year old girl in a city she had no knowledge of, and unemployed.

There had to be some way of making a living. It was inevitable she found a job. Without it, the risk of ending up on the streets, homeless, scraping a living from the coins in people's pockets, could become a reality. Natalie was an eighteen year old beauty queen. She'd been entering into beauty contests, pageants, ever since she'd been able to walk. Spoilt by her rich parents, lavished with gifts only people could dream of: for her tenth birthday, she was given a pony by her parents. Blinded by their love and affection for their only child, her parents never taught her the life skills that were a necessity.

Natalie had discovered that the hard way. After weeks of trailing around London, realising her ambition to become a fashion designer was unrealistic, her desperation grew. She'd scrawl on cardboard that she'd 'do anything for money'. Until, one day, luck struck her. Her parents had caught word of the 'hard times' their daughter had been going through, and called upon her aunt for help. Her aunt, 'Michelle Donalds' was a big name in journalism. A woman who'd achieved a high status in the world of rumours, secrets, and lies. Naturally her aunt was reluctant to give her a job working in journalism, when she saw how naïve and 'untouched' her niece was. But, under pressure and pleading from Natalie's parents, she gave her the job.

Starting off from the humble job off minor interviews with names nobody had heard of, Natalie grew to become one of 'Chic's' most invaluable journalists.

But old habits die hard. She still had the same bubbly personality that didn't always fare well for her in the world of journalism; and vanity from her younger years still lingered.

I was the complete opposite of Natalie. And that, was why I was chosen for this task. Because I was incapable of human emotion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I receive a text from Josie, sent from one of her personal assistants. Josie didn't bother to send texts when she had a whole group of people who were willing to do such a minor task: