A Song

A\N: I doubt many people are gonna read this, but this is partially for myself. Sure, there's fanart of tingle and Ganon making out in their pants (the Internet is a terrifyingly disgusting place) but the only half decent MEDLINK fanfic I can find hasn't been updated in ten years. Ugh -_- Anyways, enjoy chapter one!

Medli was playing her harp at her favorite place  on dragon roost island: a small ledge at the top of the aerie. As her fingers wove across the cords, she imagined how her friend Link was doing. After defeating a huge monster, saving the rito and igniting the hope of their heir, Medli had grown rather fond of the boy. A little more than she liked to admit. Actually, a lot more than she liked to admit. Link was the only person who medli had really made friends with outside of the rito. But there was something about the boy, a charm that she couldn't resist. All she wanted was to be with him, to help him out on his adventure, even seeing his face would be wonderful. Medli sighed. Link had went off to get the other two pearls. She briefly wondered about his safety, but then dashed the thought. Worrying about her crush wasn't the best thing to do. As she pondered what to play next, she heard frantic wingbeats behind her. It was Komali. "Medli!" He said. "Guess who's here!" Medli looked at the Prince with a blank look on her face. Who would come to dragon roost in the middle of summer? "I don't know, who?" Komali grinned. "Link!" He said. For a second, Medli was shocked. Then she was instantly flying down to the beach. "Liiiink!" She called. Turning around, Link saw his favourite bird person flying his way. They locked eyes for a moment, then Medli lost her balance and flew straight into him. Not their finest  moment. Sprawled on the ground with link, she instantly got up, blushing. "Ah! Link! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?!" The boy looked up at her with a grin. "I'm fine. I've been knocked around by way more painful stuff than one of my best friends!" He got to his feet. "Need a hand?" He said, ready to pull Medli off the ground. Medli looked up for a moment, saw Link's silhouette against the sun, and took his hand. A million thoughts were racing through her head. 'He said I'm one of his best friends! I'm such an idiot! He looks so great! He needs supplies for his sailing! He's missed me! He's holding my hand and taking me to the cave!' That last thought snapped Medli back to reality. Link was holding her hand. They were running up to the caves were the rito dwelled. "Glad to see this bridge is fixed!" He said. Medli blushed even more. She was the one who fixed the bridge. He was happy that she did something. The thoughts in her head turned her redder than quill's delivery bag. They paused before they hit to the cave entrance. "Wait, I just remembered!" Link stopped and pulled his hand away from Medli's. Her hand felt so cold without his. So empty. She looked up and saw Link ruffling through a pouch on his belt. "That it? No... This? Nuh-uh... Wait-aha!" Medli tilted her head in mild confusion. "I've got something for you!" He said, hands behind his back. Grinning, he said "close your eyes and put out your hands!" Medli did as instructed, and after a moment she felt Link's hands tracing hers, leaving something silky in the middle of them. "Okay, open!" Medli looked down at her hands and gasped- in the middle of her palms was a shining golden feather. Medli's blushing reached an all-time high. Giving someone a golden feather symbolized deep affection among the rito. Did link know that? He couldn't. Or could he? "Link, thank you- I-" She stuttered, unable to find the words. "A friend of mine told me that the rito liked them, so I grabbed one especially for you!" He said, slightly blushing. Wether he knew what the golden feather symbolized or not, Medli was touched by him. "Thank you Link!" She said, smiling. She put the feather into her silky hair, comfortably angling it so it wouldn't fall out. "How do I look?" She asked Link. He was in awe to say the least. It was the first time he had really been able to take in Medli's beauty since he stepped on the island. Blushing slightly, he stammered out "you look great!" Medli smiled in return, and the two of them went off into the rito tribe's cave. As soon as they entered, whoever, Quill was running past them, off to deliver express mail. He was clearly in a rush, as he didn't notice the young attendant that he knocked over. Or he would have knocked over. Fortunately, link manage to grab Medli before she hit the ground, pulling her to her feet. She stood up straight, blushed and said "thanks..."