Part 1

"Great. I came all the way just to see your house and say you BYE. And you're surprised i am not happy?" Cornelia asked ironically, as her dad was packing papers and other stuff, going back to work.

"I don't expect you to be happy, sweetheart. I just hope you will understand. Tomorrow we can have fancy lunch, or breakfast, or whatever.... we'll have amazing day. I just have to work right now. Goodnight," he said and kissed Cornelia on forehead.

"Night," she whispered.

"And don't be up too long. We have a lot of plans for tomorrow," he shouted as leaving house. Cornelia could have seen his car leaving through window. If she looked.

°°°°

"Be nice. And people will be nice to you," Cornelia played with one of the roses her dad gave her "Or they will totally ignore you, like you doesn't mean a thing," she squeeze the rose and cut her hand at  thorns. "And hurt you. Of course... What he does in asylum anyway?... it is not like he can help those insane. They're lost. But I'm sure there is a lot of people who can look after them. Lock them and so... Damn, you could stay here and watch some dumb criminal movie, which is probably romantic comedy, compered to what's happening in Gotham. No. Fuck it. You had this coming." She left to her room with cereals, milk, Nutella and bunch of dvds. She didn't plan to sleep any soon. 

°°°°°°

Noise. One she ignored. But as it got louder, Cornelia opened her eyes and looked around. On tv was some girl, showing her new outfit, confident and all... "I'd rock it better, bitch," she whispered and wanted to lie down again, but then she realized it was breaking glass. Not in street. Getting inside the house. Shit.

She got her knife out of bag. Nobody tought her how to use it, but she was braver with it. She turned off the light as fast as she realized it made her easy target. She get out of her room. Her dad's house was big, but she was sure, burglar got in through living room. So she could easily get to kitchen and there was way out. Cornelia stepped as softly and quietly as she could. The other man didn't care that much. She heard his steps. He probably had no idea he's not alone. She was already in kitchen, but he were too close. She took bottle of wine and hide behind the cupboard.

How could I've just said my dad, this cupboard is stupid and useless? It can save my life.. she tought to herself, her heart beating like crazy. She knew, he probably wants to steal some cameras or laptops, but he could get scared (ironically) and hurt her. Even if he didn't intend to.

He turned on the light. Stepped into kitchen. All she saw were black pants, black jacket and ginger hair. Her heart almost stopped beating. Bitch, it's nothing like action movies, she tought. And she knew one thing- when he'll turn around -and he will- he will see her. All she has is knife, bottle and moment of surprise. Before she could even think, she get out of her hideout and jumped behind burglar. He heard it and was turning when she hit him in the head. Strongly. Glass broke and wine poured on ground. And man fell down as well. She was happy she didn't use the knife.

When she turned him- face up- she realized, he is not actually a man. He could be few years older than her. When sleeping, he probably looked younger than awake and definiely less dangerous than if she had to fight him. Sleeping... Cornelia quickly checked his pulse. She needed to know if he's alive. She was not scared of killing him tough. Killing criminal who get into your house can't be called crime...

When she couldn't find his pulse- which was always her problem in biology lessons- she realized his chest is getting up and down. Why the hell they always check pulse in movies, she got angry about that, I expected more from this not-really-paid-education.

And since he was breathing, Cornelia knew she had to do something with him. Before he wakes up. Call the police! shouted brain. Yeah, I definitely will.... Cornelia tried to calm it down. But maybe later.

Ive been thinking about this fanfiction for longer time, since ive seen plenty with Jerome as "alfa" (that sounds terrible i know, but i dont know how to call it) but not so many with girl telling him what to do. So i made this one. Hope you will like it :) let me know what you think about, or if you think Jerome is coming back to Gotham (because i sure as hell do) :D

xoxo