For You

Rain.

The sound of raindrops dancing across Adrian's window was what he woke up to. Groggily, he rolled across the bed. He let out a groan. It was a Saturday and the only thing on his mind was to sleep in. But no matter how hard he tried, a constant reminder lingered in the back of his head that he had things to accomplish today. Adrian shifted onto his back, letting out a sigh. His optics stared at the ceiling and he felt himself slowly beginning to drift back into a dreamy state.

Suddenly, his phone began to ring. It was Carter. A small part of him didn't want to answer, expecting him to call once again for the sake of a silly video (which has happened more than once). He inhaled deeply and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Good morning Adrian." Carter said. Even through the phone, Adrian could picture a smile on his face. "Did you just wake up?"

"Yeah... About our plans, is there anyway we could postpone them to a bit later today?" Adrian asked, knowing what the answer would be already.

"Come on man, how long did you stay up this time?" Carter asked, with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Adrian began to stand up from his bed and approach the restroom. Dragging his feet, he rolled his eyes and spoke. "I was finishing all of my homework, ok?" From the other line Adrian could hear a muffled giggle. "If you're trying not to laugh you're doing a horrible job." Adrian retorted.

"Sorry." Carter said between short gasps of breath. "I just don't see why you didn't wait until Sunday."

"Because procrastination stresses me out even worse." Adrien replied.

Carter's response was once again accompanied by laughter. "Didn't realize that was even possible."

"Oh shut up, will you!" Adrien stomped his foot. He felt his ears burning red.

"Alright alright. Well, I'll come pick you up in an hour."

"See you then." The phone beeped as Carter hung up. Looking at the clock, it was 10 am. One hour was enough time to get ready.
Carter turned on the sink, setting the water to a warm temperature. He felt his bare feet beginning to freeze on the cold tile bathroom floor. He looked up to the mirror observing his face. He stared directly into his own eyes.

Maybe I could get some more rest. Adrian thought.

The water was thoroughly warm now. He put soap on his hands and scrubbed. An unfamiliar scent filled his nose. His eyes shifted to the green bottle of hand soap that read "Luxury Hand Soap. Rosemary Mint." It was new. He'd have to get used to it. It seemed that everything around him was beginning to change and it was all out of his control. He didn't like it. Being in control of the situation was what helped put him at bay. But then again, the mere thought process all began on a simple brand of soap, so he let it slip out of his mind.

He grabbed his toothbrush from its small clip hanger. From there he began to thoroughly brush his teeth. He paced back and forth for a good three minutes. He rinsed his mouth and stared at the mirror once more. Adrian smiled weakly into the mirror.

Good enough.

Adrian reached for a head band hanging from the towel rack. Slowly, he put it on his head to push back his hair. Water splashed all around the sink as he washed his face. Once he was done, he blindly reached for a towel and dried himself off.

Now that he was more awake, there was more of a spring in his step. He moved quickly to his closet to pick out his choice of clothes. He wanted to be comfortable, so he chose his plain green t-shirt and some jeans. He felt that there was a long day ahead of him so, he had to feel at least that much.