Chapter 1

"Did you go for a swim?"

Bella turns her head and sees Rikki standing outside of the café. She nods her head.

"Can't believe you didn't invite Cleo and me!" Rikki laughs. "It's been a while since all three of us have went for a swim together."

Bella walks with her side-by-side into the café, but shakes her head to show her disagreement towards Rikki's comment.

"We all went for a swim just last week. You can't say it's been a while," Bella corrects.

"You're so particular," Rikki rolls her eyes playfully. "Either way, a week is a very long time! Remember when we would all go for a swim practically every day? It was our thing."

Bella nods her head understandingly.

"I want to, but I barely have time to go for a swim myself. Between my relationship and dealing with my career, I've rarely got the energy to want to go out and swim," Bella explains, sighing as they sit down at a café table.

"I get it," Rikki says, nodding her head. "How is your relationship, anyway?"

Bella smiles, giggling quietly.

"It's good. Really good, actually," Bella tells her. "Everyone says that things with your high school boyfriend won't work out once you graduate, but I feel like it's not like that if you really want to make it work."

Rikki smiles, squeezing Bella's hand gently.

"I'm happy for you," she says.

"Have you thought about it?" Bella asks, tilting her head to the side. "Looking for someone new? I mean, you haven't really been trying since your break up with Zane."

Rikki's smile fades at the mention of the name of her ex-boyfriend. She lets go of Bella's hand and shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't know," Rikki says quietly. "There just hasn't been anyone that has gotten my attention. I haven't been interested in anyone. Relationships just haven't been my priority in a long time."

"Bella!"

The two girls look over to the entrance of the café and see Will practically running inside. He has a huge grin on his face as he slides into the table they are sitting at.

"I knew I could find you here," he says, still grinning. "I've got great news. I found a job."

"Really?" Bella laughs excitedly, grabbing both of his hands. "Oh Will, that's wonderful! What is it?"

"It's as a diving instructor. I get to teach kids and teenagers about the what I love to do," he explains, laughing as well. "It's amazing for me. It pays decently, and I don't have to compete. I just get to share my love and knowledge of diving with other people."

Bella wraps her arms around him and hugs him.

"That's fantastic. I'm so happy for you," she tells him.

"Congratulations, Will," Rikki says with a smile.

"Thanks," he grins.

He puts his arm around Bella.

"So, what's up with you guys?" he asks. "Anything interesting?"