Prologue: Courage & Cold

I stood staring out at the water. Shivering in the chilling night, the wind tearing right through my long white gown. Out on the lake, no less than twenty to thirty feet, stood two wolves, staring right back at me. Not a sound was made besides the wind in the trees, and the water against the shore.

Step forward she seemed to say, ignore your petty human fears and step forward

I looked to the white wolf, her cold blue eyes piercing me like the wind never could. I could feel her scolding my hesitance, her paws treading on the water like she was ready to turn away. Her cold demeanour threatened to drown me in misery, forcing me to quickly shift my focus to her partner.
The black wolf was much calmer, she didn't speak, but she was coaxing me to the water, and it was working. Unlike the other, the round emeralds that were her eyes seemed to lift me up, I felt as if I could fly.

My concentration was broken when the white wolf snorted and ran off across the waves.

I'm failing this, I thought, I'm failing the test...

I refused to fail, so I closed my eyes, took a few deep breaths, and ran.
It was so cold it hurt, so cold my feet felt on fire, then my ankles, then my knees. My dress was dragging me down and I was almost swimming. I refused to turn back though, and I pushed forwards determined to do this, or freeze trying.

Just as the water closed over my chest, making it nearly impossible to run, I began rising. The water pulled away from my waist, leaving my upper body completely dry. Then my feet were freed from the watery restraints. I heard a howl and opened my eyes, to see the black wolf running alongside me. Her cheers rang through the night;
She is with us
She has passed
We will win the fight at last.

I opened my mouth and sang along, despite not knowing what she was talking about, Yes I am with you! I screamed, filling the night.

AN: don't be afraid to correct any grammatical errors, I know it needs work!