Chapter One: midnight snack run

It was twelve A.M. When Joseph woke up in his brand new room. He had just moved here form California, because of his dad's work or something. He really didn't care. He was finally back home after 8 years in California.Joseph looked around for his glasses on the night stand. Once Joseph found then he decided to go to the kitchen and get a cookie.
He tiptoed down the hallway making sure not to wake up his brothers or his parents. Once Joseph was in the kitchen he went strait for the cookie jar. As silent as a ninja he opened the cookie jar,and took one out without a sound. Then out of no where police sirens. Loud  and as annoying as ever the cop cars boomed down the street. Two back sedans and seven police cars stopped in front of Joseph's house. Two men got out of one sedan wearing ski mask started running away.
While six other surrendered to the police without hesitation. Then the officer who looked the most experienced came to the door. He knocked twice while yelling this is the police multiple times. His father came to the door and opened it while Joseph was still in the kitchen. His father and the officer talked for several minutes. Joseph listened care fully but he only heard a little bit.
The officer said" sir there are two dangerous armed criminals in this area I suggest to lock all doors and windows"
My father replied "oh okay I'll be on my guard officer". He couldn't make out the rest. When the officer was about to leave Joseph came out off his hindsight spot it the kitchen. He came over to the officer, and asked him a question.
What did they do officer. Before he could reply gunshots. The officer fell and he felt a sharp pain in his chest. Every thing went black