Prologue

Thoughts won't leave me,

As if you're here.

You're the only thing I see,

And that's why I have this fear.

I have read this poem a hundred times and it still gives me the same fleeting feeling I have back then, when we're still 'us'.

We met in an unexpected way that made me realize that things worth fighting for, are sometimes not worth sacrificing for.

Here I am staring at the window and it has been 2 months since you left. I kept on remembering those happy days we had and we shared together.

I just keep on piecing back this never ending puzzle you gave me. You were my sweet beginning and my bitter ending.

I always think of you. These thoughts of you I kept holding on. The happy memories I kept grieving on. The world felt like a dark abyss, a mirage that have took my ability to grasp on reality.

As if, I'm living in a world of fantasy. A place where I'm your king and you're my queen. A place where only 'us' exist. No more silly duke or prince that will take you away from me, but I know better than that.

I know that all that happened was a lie. It was a lie that you were in love with me. It was a lie that you were happy with me. It was a lie that you believed in me, cared for me, cried for me, trusted me and fought for me.

It was all darkness I saw, but you were my light. You're still my light, but as days goes by, I realized you're merely a spark. You were never permanent like the light.

I tried to understand every piece of you and I just know, I will never do.