I've missed you, Sherlock- Chapter 1

John sighed. He'd done that very often, since... He still couldn't say it. He still couldn't come to terms with the fact that Sherlock was gone.

3 years. 3 years to the day since he fell. 3 years, that John spent fretting over what he must have done wrong, why Sherlock fell.

He'd never been depressed. That was obvious. Maybe there was something deeper. Something that no-one expected. There was no reason for him to take his own life like that.

So, WHY?

And he said he was a fake. Complete bullshit, in John's opinion. He had seen the extraordinary man at work on a crime scene, and he was definitely genuine. So why did he say he was fake? Why would he lie to John?

That's what hurt the most. He lied.

John remembered Sherlock telling him he wasn't a hero. Again, utter codswallop in his opinion. He thought back to all of the memories.

Buckingham Palace with no pants, the date in which Sherlock turned up uninvited, the swimming pool. Just a few. A tear rolled silently down Johns cheek as he thought back, smiling to himself.

"Why, Sherlock? Why did you leave me?" He whispered into the empty room.

(A.N.Skip about 15 minutes)

John had been invited to a meeting with Lestrade and another group of people he'd never heard of before at Scotland Yard. He may as well go, he thought. Nothing better to do.

Nothing happens to me.

Not any more.

------ 3 hours later; The meeting ------

They were all sat around a large, rectangular table, only a few faces that John recognised.

"So," Lestrade began "As we all know, today is the 3rd anniversary of the day the great detective, Sherlock Holmes, died."

Suddenly, everybody's mobile phone bleeped, signalling a new message.

"Wrong!"

"I-I-It says wrong." Donovan spoke, her voice cracking.

Lestrade still stared at his phone, not saying a word, before shaking his head.

"Just ignore that. As I was saying, quite clearly, this tragic loss has had a huge impact on our progress, but we think we're doing relatively okay without his presence-"

Lestrade was cut off by yet another tell-tale bleep.

"Wrong!"

By this time John was trembling, his eyes tearing up. He received another message. His breath hitched as he read the content.

"Don't cry, John. Please. You know where to find me -S.H."

-----------------------

Ok, so who wants me to carry on with this? I have another 2 chapters I think to go on with, so yeah. Comment and vote if you like it!!!

Lauren xx