Tea Time With the Greys

~First POV~

It is a fancy house. One of those big estates with the maids and gardeners. It's the Cardwell's house and Brian, is away on a campaign with my boyfriend. My boyfriend, Luke is running for mayor of L.A. and Brian is already on his 3rd term as senator of California. Luke's father, who holds the same name, was senator since the year my Luke was born up until 6 years ago when he died. Brian was always his right hand man and it was so devastating to everyone. He died at 46 and he was in perfect health. What a shame it happened the way it did. Luke Marcaraelli was always looking to improve his birth-city L.A. and all of California. The people loved him. Why would some random street civilian shoot him when visiting a small poor community for a speech to help pass a bill to bring money to their schools? That community needed it. The guy who shot and killed him was a 28 year old Tyrone June and he is still in the California State prison for life.

I'm here at the Cardwell's house to meet Brian's wife Shirley. After all, they are off campaigning today and we should get to know each other since Luke is already pretty much part of their family. Luke warned me that Shirley and her friends aren't used to anything but the glamorous side of Cali. The house is in the Hills but Luke lives in L.A. as do I. Mr. Aniston the butler seats me at a nice table on the front balcony. I just sit and wait for a few minutes.

~Third POV~

Mrs. C. : "Ms. Chandler Grey! I see you've made it down just a bit before me."

Grey : "Oh yes...so when will Mrs. Lizon and Mrs. Brently be getting here?."

Mrs. C. : "They should be arriving at 12:30...so 5 minutes."

Chandler notes that it was already 12:40. The rich loved being fashionably late it seemed.

~First POV~

Mrs. Rosas and Annabella Prez brought us our tea once everyone arrived and was seated. I know Mrs. Rosas because she was a servant that my mom knew for a long time. The reason I know Annabella is because she went to my high school. She's 20 now and I'm 23.

~Third POV~

Mrs. L. : "So Ms. Chandler Grey, how does it feel to be dating the future Mr. Mayor of Los Angeles?"

Chandler shifts awkwardly in her large wicker chair.

Grey : "Well I don't really think of it that way...he's just Luke to me! But, him striving to make his father proud is nice of him too..."

Mrs. B. : "Well you're glad he's at least proper and well off don't you? Isn't that important to you Ms. Chandler Grey?" she leans in to see what her reaction will be.

Grey : "ummm....please, call me Chandler....well that doesn't matter to me much at all. It's good to be financially secure but it sure isn't everything." she chuckles awkwardly when the other ladies stared at her in confusion.

Mrs. C. : "Oh yes. It seems like you have a good heart Ms. Chandler Grey. But then again, what WOULD we do without our money? What would we be without or status? Why, we wouldn't be able to keep the people of Los Angeles in line! Some.....ruffian would be running this place. Imagine.....gangsters."

Mrs. B. : "Yes! We wouldn't DARE catch you in the streets with them."

They all laugh but Chandler's is completely fake.

~First POV~

I don't know how I'm going to tell them. I don't even know if I can. What would they say? What would they do? They should know I'm not like then really by now. But I can't let this jeopardize Luke's campaign. There's no way I can let them know my name is more than that: a name. They mustn't find out that I'm a real Grey Girl...

-----------------------------------------

I had to leave the end of this part like this so it wasn't so awkward. I'll explain the whole name and Grey Girl thing in the other parts. Thanks! Comment, favorite, follow.....whatever you feel like. I'll probably update this in a couple weeks when I've written enough and edited. (there's a lot goin' on)