16 Witch Service

Master and I quickly headed back to our room. As we walked, I didn’t say a word. Instead, I just kept looking at my feet for no particular reason whatsoever. 

My head was flooding with questions, not to mention more and more doubts about that memory flash. I still doubted my Master’s kind behavior. He didn’t order me to do anything at all. Instead, he treated me like a guest. Or at least I felt that way, and that wasn’t really the way masters, especially vampire ones, treated their slaves.

Master walked with his hands inside the pocket of his gray suit. His posture was impeccable, while mine was just...miserable. He kept looking forward with his chin up at all times, however, I did catch him glancing at me a couple of times. 

When we arrived at our rooms Master opened the door for me and gave me clear instructions on what I was supposed to do.

“You are to take a bath, put on some clothes and stay here until I come fetch you. Okay, Liz?” He smiled thoughtfully at me, but that didn’t hide his skeptical tone.

I nodded, took a step inside my room and waited for him to leave. When he did, I took off all my clothes and walked towards the bathroom.

The bathroom was made up of white and black tiles. It was average sized and had a sink, a toilet, a large mirror, some cabinets and a shower box.

I turned on the shower box’s water and waited for it to heat up. When it did, I jumped inside and began showering.

###################

After my shower, I found some clothes on top of my bed. I raised an eyebrow, walked to them and quickly put on the yellow yoga pants, white short sleeved t-shirt and the oversized pink pull-on sweater.

I was very comfortable, but why had Master given me these clothes to wear? More importantly, how did he get in here if I locked the door?

I frowned. Master was being nice. A little too nice. Something was up. It had to be. I just didn’t quite know what it could be yet.

I folded my arms and huffed as I began brain storming possible things that could make Master act so nice to me, but everything seemed surreal. The idea of him being nice was surreal itself, but there was no denying it.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Immediately remembering what Master Andrew had said about not inviting unwanted vampires in, I walked up to it.

“Who is it?” I asked, nervously.

Instead of just saying it was him, Master opened the door, walked inside and grabbed my wrist. 

“We’re going to another witch.” He said while he dragged me towards the hotel’s fancy long, black car, before I could ask him how exactly he got in.

I stepped inside and sat quietly as Master gave the driver directions to where we were headed. After he was done, he sat back next to me and sighed. Then, he took out his black cellphone, dialed a number and called.

I watched him, awkwardly. Why was he always dragging me around with him? I wasn’t a prized possession. I was just a human being, a slave to be exact, but he kept taking me with him wherever he went, something had to be up. I just knew it.

After about ten minutes of driving, the car stopped in front of a big, modern black house. It had white windows all around and had lots of plants surrounding it. It also had a slightly tilted roof and a sign above its metal door that read:

“Witch Service.”

Master stepped out of the car, put his phone away, and walked towards the entrance of the modern place. As soon as he got there, he rang the doorbell and shot me a concerned look as I hurried out of the car and ran towards him.