.2

«love the way you lie-rihanna»

I wake up to the smell of coffee. A Keurig pouring water into a mug. The smell of crispy, applewood bacon filling my nose making my stomach growl.

I hear someone mumbling something from my kitchen, which isn't that far away from my room.

My door was open, letting any noise in the house reach my ear.

All of a sudden I snap into reality; Who was in my kitchen?

I jump to my feet, the cold wood makes me wince. My hands take the metal baseball bat I keep behind my bed. Dylan bought it for me when my twenty-seventh birthday rolled around.

My hands knuckles turn white as I grip the killing device with such force. I make my way to the door, trying not to let the wood creak.

I reach the hallway that leads to the open area of the house. My feet move at a pace that a turtle would have. I didn't know why I was so frightened. Why would a serial-killer make breakfast then kill me?

A sight that makes my blood boil meets my eyes. Max Carver in my kitchen. I drop the baseball bat to alert the asshole that I was awake and ready to yell.

He jumps and turns around quickly. "Holland! You're awake! I made breakfast." He gestures his head towards the two plates on the kitchen island.

I look towards the front door that was at my right. His luggage lays there.

He smiles when I look at him. Max starts walking towards me and pulls me into a hug. "I missed you so much, Holland."

I pushed him off of me.

"Really? Did you really?" He smile drops into a questionable face. He puts his hands on each of my cheeks, holding my face.

"I did, why don't you believe me?" He asked. Was he really that soft-headed?

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe you were gone for eight months and never answered my calls or texts! I tried contacting you for ages, Max! I'm tired of you always leaving and expecting me to love you when you return from wherever the hell you were." A tear slipped down my face.

I prepared myself for this moment since he had been gone for eight months. But the mirror isn't as frightening.

"Holland, I had to get a new number and phone. Barcelona didn't let me accept your calls." I roll my eyes.

"So that's where you were? Barcelona?" I asked. When he left, he never told me where he was running off to.

"I never told you?"

"Max, you picked up your stuff and ran off with Charlie! I didn't know shit!" I push him back.

His hands left my face a long time ago.

"I'm sorry." I push him back even farther.

"Like hell your sorry! I was scared! I thought you were fucking dead. You never told me where you were going and how long you'd be there. You probably even hooked up with a few girls while you were over there, right?" he sighed looking at his feet.

He cheated on me. More than once. I slap him with all my force.

"Holland, I'm sorry." More tears roll down my eyes. This was too much information to take in at once. "Get the hell out of my house. Take your shit, leave. You seem real good at doing that."

His eyes become wet.

"You can't give up on us."

I roll my eyes and scoffed. "You already did that. The night you left me. I still want you out of my house. We are over, Max, for good."

***

"Hey, honey." Crystal rubs my back as she sits beside me. We were both on my bed, Chandlers stupid jokes are audible from my television.

My face is planted into my pillow, my tears making it damp.

"He left to Barcelona. He cheated on me more than once. Then he came into my house and burnt the last of my bacon." I sob into the pillow.

"If it makes you feel better, Dylan and Tyler got rid of all of the food." She lays by my side.

I hear footsteps appear at my door. "How's our favorite red-head?" Tyler says. I smile. This is what I need.

The two boys tackle me, then Crystal joins in. "Guys, I appreciate the love, but I can't breathe!" We all share a laugh as separate.

I sit up and adjust my t-shirt. Dylan gives me a big hug. "Max is a shit." I hide my head into the crook of his neck. Our bodies split, then all of a sudden a feel a pair of lips touch my cheek.

I smile at his friendly gesture.

"Okay guys, I have to get out this house. Let's go get lunch sometime?" I say. They all nod their heads.

What would I do without them?

(a/n) yo yo yo. Max isn't actually like this in real life. Hopefully. Aw poor holland but then DAMN DYLAN like mhmm. lol. The chapter picture is from greys anatomy, aka one of the other shows I fangirl over, just incase some people were wondering.