These Small Hours.

(Based off the song "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas.)

______

Harry came home, gloomy and on the end. It was only seconds until he started raining tears everywhere. He slowly opened the front door and closed them the same way, trying not to wake Louis up. He noticed someone sitting in an armchair, back faced to him, reading something. "Lou… is that you?" He asked, voice shaking. “It’s Harry…" Louis got up in a second, running towards Harry, hugging him tight. "Oh my, God, Hazza, where have you been?! I’ve been worried sick about you the whole night long! I couldn’t sleep…" Harry felt like falling into Louis’ arms and never leaving his embrace. He felt secure when he hugged him, it was reassuring and… hopeful. "I-I took a w-walk outside… I-I’m sorry" Harry couldn’t hold it anymore. He broke into tears and just held Louis, trying to avoid his view. Louis pulled out of the hug and looked at Harry, trying to find some wounds that might be the reason he’s bawling like a baby. Louis hated to see Harry cry. It made his heart break and it was only worse for him. He wasn’t any burden; he just never liked to see his lover sad. "Harry, what’s wrong? Please don’t cry, Haz." He frowned. "I-I’m fine..." Harry said, kissing him quickly on the cheek.

Louis frowned even more and slowly led Harry over to the couch, sitting down on it with him. He wrapped his arms securely around Harry and kissed his shoulder softly, "Harry.. Please don't lie to me. You're obviously not fine. Please.. Just tell me what's wrong.." He felt tears come to his own eyes just from seeing Harry cry.

Harry crawled into his lap, burying his head into his chest. "L-Lou... I-I’m not mentally s-stable... t-they s-said I-I should kill myself, I should... And I tried and... I’m s-so sorry, boo..." He managed to blurt out in one breath as more and more tears fell from his eyes, down to his cheeks, and flew where they could.

Louis' mouth fell open in shock and that's when the tears started. Harry tried to kill himself? He held Harry tighter, kissing his curls and his forehead, rubbing his back in a soothing way as he shushed him. He needed to get to the bottom of this, "Baby.." His voice wavered so he cleared his throat and tried again, "Baby, who said that you should kill yourself?

Hearing Louis talk, and hearing the hurt in his voice only made Harry feel worse and cry more. “D-don’t h-hate me, boo...i-it's f-fine.." He replied as he wiped his tears with his paw made out of his sleeves, continuing to sob.

Louis closed his eyes and tried to control himself, taking a deep breath. He didn't want to yell at Harry but he was getting really upset and frustrated. He tilted Harry's face up so that he could look into his eyes, "I don't hate you. I could never hate you, love. You're my Hazza. I just need to know who said this... Now please, tell me."

Harry shook his head. "No.." He whimpered. He avoided Louis' eyes, not wanting to make contact with him. He finally looked into Louis’ eyes and murmured more apologies, recklessly, spilling out whatever words he could find. "I-I’m sorry, b-boo bear. I’m such a f-fuck up and an idiot. You… you’re the o-only p-person who doesn’t h-hate me." Harry stuttered, sucking in deep breaths and sobbing more.

Louis looked up at the ceiling to keep the tears in. Louis thought they didn't keep secrets from each other but obviously.. Harry did. He tried not to let his hurt show because right now, Harry needed the attention. He swallowed thickly and looked back down at Harry, "You are not a fuck up or an idiot. It's fine.." He sighed softly and looked at the floor before looking at Harry, "Let's get some sleep, yeah?"

Harry sniffled, shaking his head. Now he felt horrible, because he knew Louis was hurt. He had to tell him. Harry tugged on his sleeves, covering the fists, too. He felt embarrassment and regret, but it made him feel so good, even if it was just for a moment. “I-I... did a lot of things... tried, that is...” He sniffled just because he knew Louis found it cute, but now wasn’t the time to think about that, Louis is going to find out what he’s been hiding for 2 years now.