♕ chapter one

Eli's POV

I woke up earlier than usual. I looked at my alarm clock and noted that I still had time to spare before I had to get ready for school. I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling and smiled. I have been waiting for this since my first year !

"Time to wake up I guess.." I whispered and got up to do my morning routine.

I took a shower then slipped into my uniform. As I was tying my hair into its usual ponytail, I glanced at my desk where a bunch of pictures were randomly displayed. I easily got lost in my thoughts and was interrupted by a knock on my door.

''Eli ! Hurry tooru-kun is already waiting outside.'' My mother said as she opened the door.

''Tell him to come in. I still need to eat my breakfast.'' I responded, still looking at the mirror and gave my self a last glance before heading towards the kitchen.

Mama was making some pancakes and talking to someone.

'' auntie~ where is Eli-chan ?~ iwa-chan must be waiting for us''

I sighed when I heard the voice of my stupid childhood friend. Mama simply chuckled and placed a plate in front of him. She nodded in satisfaction when he grinned and started eating. Mama always had a soft spot for tooru.

'' 'morning '' I said, making my presence known.

'' you sure took your sweet time Eli-chan~'' he complained.

'' yeah, my bad.'' I quickly ate my breakfast then started dragging the idiot out of my house.

''I will be working late tonight. Go have dinner at oikawa-san's house Eli!'' I heard mama say when we got out.

Tooru grinned and I realized that I was still holding his hand. I let got of him and started walking towards hajime's house.

Hajime, tooru and I have been friends since kindergarten. We're neighbors and our parents are friends. We started playing volleyball at the same time and enjoyed it a lot. I still play now, in fact I'm the captain of the girls' team in Aoba Johsai. Hajime and tooru are on the boys' team. I still couldn't believe how that clumsy stupid tooru became the captain instead of hajime.

''You two are late.''

I smiled sheepishly at hajime and he simply ruffled my hair and glared at tooru.

'' Iwa-chan ~ I swear it was HER fault'' he whined, pointing an accusing finger at me.
Hajime sighed and started walking towards the school mumbling something about ''stupid oikawa ''and ''being late''

turned out we were in the same class which meant a noisy year was waiting for me. It was common knowledge in our school, "wherever oikawa goes, his fangirls will follow"

we lost tooru along the way, his fangirls probably caught him. I was walking with hajime to our classroom when I felt hands encircling my waist giving me a side hug. I squealed from the sudden movement.

''Eli ~ ''

I turned to face maki, my best friend and teammate. She grinned.

''Guess who's in your class this year ? ''
She let go of me and pointed at herself. My smile got wider and I hugged her.

''Finally! I thought I'll have to endure another year without you''

Hajime cleared his throat.

''So I'm this meaningless to you?''

''Hajime is hajime! Maki is maki. You can't replace each other. I'm just happy that we're all in the same class.''

----