Chapter 6

A few hours later. I was trying desperately to sleep. After a while I gave up and flipped on my back and stared at the ceiling.

My eyes suddenly filled with tears that threatened to spill over,but I blinked them back. I was done with crying. I jumped out of bed,and walked into the red room.  I looked up,and looked through the glass ceiling and was struck with a sense of wonder. I have never seen so many stars without a telescope. The sky didn't just look black. It was an inky black colour with swirls of colour. The Stars sparkled like glitter. It was amazing.

"It's beautiful isn't it." A voice said. I jumped.

"Dylan!" I said in a whisper-shout."What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't sleep, I have insomnia." He said. His eyes seemed fluorescent in the dark of the night,reflecting off the light of the stars and moon.

"So I got to thinking; maybe you can talk telepathically to people. You know,like talk to people in your people in your mind."

I considered that. "Maybe... I mean, I could try..." I send skeptically,not really believing that I could. But, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hi Dylan,can your hear me?

He didn't show any signs of acknowledgement, and I felt stupid,like a little kid trying to move a pencil with their mind.

Dylan can you hear me? I tried again.
Nothing.
"This isn't working!" I said,frustrated.

"Hold on,try one more time. Close your eyes,and try to picture my face. Try to push your thoughts to me."

I shut my eyes and thought of him,imagining his face.

Hi Dylan. Can you hear me? I pushed the thoughts to him and I felt a tingling feeling in my head,like the thoughts were floating away.

His eyes opened in disbelief and his face slowly broke out into a smile.

He closed his eyes,and then opened them again.

Hi Acadia. Can you hear me?

I let out a gasp and gave him a huge smile.

"That's....amazing!" I said,wonder struck.

I ran and gave him a hug. I quickly released him,embarrassed but he squeezed my hand.

Well,we are pretty amazing.

I smiled up at him,and we looked up at the stars,fingers still intertwined,looking forward to what lies ahead.
-----------------&&&&------------------

I woke up,feeling confused but happy. I felt the cold floor beneath me and I opened my eyes. Dylan was laying down on the couch,looking at me.

"I covered you with a blanket, I didn't want you to get cold." He gave me a sleepy grin. I smiled back. Maybe it was time to get over Joey.

All of a sudden,the door swung open and Max stood there,looking like he saw a ghost.

I quickly sat up.

"What's wrong Max?" I asked,concerned.

"X. He, he's been shot." He stuttered.

----------------------------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx--------------------------------------------
A/N
Well that escalated quickly! Anyways,this book will be short,and have two more in the series. They are more of short stories than novels,because it's easier that way.

Hope you liked it!