Secrets and Lies

I heard talking as I started to wake, turning over I watched Tanner as he paced back and forth. I was about to get up when I heard him talking, looking at him again I saw that he was on the phone.

So getting back under the covers I watched him as he started talking.

"No no, I'm done. I'm calling it off." I was very confused as he stopped, looking out the window. I heard him sigh as he hunched his shoulders. "Dude, I'm in deep. Once I got to know her, I don't know. It felt different, a great different." He fell silent for a second then he looked up sighing. "Fine, I'm whipped." He said as he turned around, I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

"I'm done. I can't do it, she doesn't deserve this Spencer."

At that time I decided that I heard enough, so I started to move, and stretch making little dinosaur noises.

"Look man I got to go." I heard him say as I opened my eyes.

I looked over at him, as he smiled at me putting the phone down on the desk.

"Good morning." I said as he walked over to the bed.

"Morning." He said as he bent over and kissed my forehead. I thought about what he was saying to Spencer, but I just set it to the side I'm sure it was nothing.

I rolled over and started to close my eyes, when I heard a chuckle, so opening my eyes I looked up at Tanner.

"What?"

"You. Come on, get up let's go get some breakfast. Then we can hit the road." He said as he pulled the covers off of me. I rolled over and put my face into the pillow. I made some muffled noises into the pillow as Tanner tried to pull me out of the bed.

In the end I ended up rolled onto my back on the bed with Tanner standing over me tickling me, I started crying as I laughed so hard.

"Okay okay! I give." I said as he stopped.

Pushing him back I sat up to catch my breath. Sighing I got up and went over to my bag my back turned to him, picking it up I look over at him as I set my bag on the table in front of me.

"You can go down and eat, you don't have to wait on me." I said as I pulled out a pair of black tights, and a yellow flannel.

"I want to wait." He said as I jumped, he wrapped his hands around me and dropped his head into the crook of my neck. I closed my eyes as I felt so calm, and relaxed but then I remembered his talk with Spencer and I cleared my throat stepping out of his embrace.

I didn't look at him as I walked to the bathroom to change. Closing the door I leaned back against it, looking ahead I froze when I heard Tanner standing right outside the door. I know he was there because the floor creaked when he walked over.

"Sarah? Are you okay?" He asked as he voice was muffled by the door.

"I'm fine." I said my voice cracking at the end.

"Sarah, come on open up. Talk to me. Please?" He said as I could just see him putting his head on the door. I looked down as I didn't say anything, when I heard him sigh I looked at the door reaching for the handle but I stopped right before I wrapped my hand around it. Curling my fingers up and bringing my hand to my chest I bit my lip. "I'm going downstairs now." He said and I could hear the hurt in his voice.

When I heard the door close I slid down the wall and stared ahead of me as tears threatened to fall. Thinking about what he said to Spencer "I'm calling it off." Or how he said "she doesn't deserve this." I know what I have to do now. I have to confront him. Becoming determined I pushed myself up and quickly changed, into my clothes as I grabbed my phone I headed downstairs.