PURITY

PURITY

The virtue of chastity.

First thing and foremost, what is chastity?  Chastity puts order into our sexual drive, in the same way as telling the truth orders our speech. This virtue is absolutely essential in order that our sexuality may reach its full realization.

All of us have a freedom. But I know that you’ve been asking what freedom really is? Well, for some they find it as liberation. Liberation from anything that prevents them from saying or doing what they want. Others view it as a choice, a choice of living what would others will say about you or living without any regrets, just simply being free. Perfect example is those people who aged on 18. They believe that they can do anything they want to without their parent’s consent.  These are the people who get involved in such illegal doings, like; smoking, drinking, gambling and getting involved on a relationship that is doing a premarital sex.

Premarital sex. Now tell me who among you doesn’t know these two words? No one, right? I as a student have already seen a lot about these. Not just from the movies or any entertainment matter. I myself have already encountered these through the people around me. Yes, through the people around me. Please don’t get me wrong with this but it’s not me, let me share you a little story about a person I knew for I think a year. She is a good friend of mine and we are open minded to talk about anything, and then one morning she told me that she’s going to share a secret to me. So I just listened to her, and she said. “May nangyari na”. Then, I asked her. “Anong nangyari?” She replied, “Samin! Ang slow!” I asked her, why? She smiled and just told me. “Mahal ko e. Tyaka para tumagal yung relasyon.” After that, I was very shocked because I never imagined that she would really do such things. Hearing what she said that “Mahal ko e. Tyaka para tumagal yung relasyon.”  Made me, felt a little disappointment. Why? Because for me, that was the most stupid reason that I ever heard. Then after what happened, a few months came and their relationship ended. I felt very sad about it, in addition that she gave up herself, her virginity to that man because she believes that it will strengthen their said relationship and the fact that they love each other. I mean, come on guys! We live in the 21st century; we are wise enough to know if that person is just taking us for granted. We are wise enough to know if the people around us are not true. In one of the Psalm that I have read a few days ago it says, that “No man can be trusted.” I agree to that! Especially the fact that our brain is on the uppermost part of our body, because I believe it has a purpose there. It is must be the first thing that we should use in thinking. I mean, yeah! You had the fun, the pleasure, the satisfaction of your body’s desire. Then after that, what now? Nothing, right? When a guy got what he wants, he’ll just leave the girl behind. Though, I am not saying that every man is like that. But nowadays, it seems to be like that. I also believe that sex will never help to make the relationship longer, because first of all if you love that person so much, if you really respect that person, you will wait until the right time comes. Like in the saying that; “Great things come to those who patiently wait.” Please, don’t sugar-coat it because it is not love. It’s just lust. L-U-S-T, lust! Please stop fooling yourselves; it is nothing but a lust. You just wanted to have an experience. Something, that could help to boost your personality, but not to God.

God gave us that body to be His temple. But sadly to say, we Christians just view sexuality for misconceptions and shameful disregard for the dignity of man and woman. Today, the media uses it simply for pleasure and for personal gratification. I am very ashamed to those people who view love as lust. Once I have encountered someone that he’s personal reason to have a girlfriend is to have sexual intercourse and just to have his personal pleasure. Do you know what I felt? As a growing lady, who already is experiencing love and affection? I was humiliated. Simply because I was very hurt that man nowadays only find woman as a sexual partner, a thing for sex, very hurtful, right? And on that moment, I swear I am nearly to spank him on his face. But of course I did not; I just said to him that he shouldn’t be surprised if one day he’ll find girl that will do same thing as what he is doing.

Doing what is right. As a great fan of Papa Jack, a radio jack on Love Radio. He once said on his book, “The best thing to wear before having sex is a ring”. A wedding ring, a ticket that will allow and certify you that you are physically, mentally and spiritually ready to give yourself only to the person that you exchanged your vows. For me, the best thing you could ever give to the person you love is yourself, purity and staying clean. In the verse Matthew 5:8, “Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God”. The prize of staying “clean” in mind and in heart can never be measured. We should be aware of our actions, even on the little tiniest things we do every day, in the way we speak, the way we talk, the way we dress up and the way we relate with one another.