The key is to know yourself

When you are the protagonist in a story you ought to know that right? That was Caitlyn's way. She'd known that all along. She'd known she was destined for greatness. She even had a special mark on her elbow which showed her greatness. She was destined to save the world. She had no idea from what. But she knew she would do it, because the story would be bad if she didn't.  But still, she needed to be ready. So, she had learned all there was to successfully save the world. She knew all kinds of martial arts, she was kind and nice, and she was beautiful. The latter was not actually needed for being a saving the world. But it didn't hurt. She knew she going to be in a love triangle and she even knew who she had to pick. She was pretty much set up in her story. But it wasn't always like that. She used to be completely normal character. Like all characters, she knew nothing about there being authors or that her story was written. She had gone about assuming that it was she who made the decisions, until that one day. She had been watching her friends play in the sand.

She liked watching people. She liked to look at them as they went about in her life and just simply watch them. I was in this trace like state that she heard something. The movement of keys. The movement of keys in a keyboard. She could hear someone typing. At first she thought someone was nearby with a laptop, but then there was noone near with a laptop. But as she was thinking of what was happening she suddenly heard he backspace being pressed and her thought vanished. She had no idea what she had been thinking about. She started thinking about the waves again to test it, and again the backspace was pressed and she suddenly felt her thought vanish. She started panicking and stood up. But as she panicked she felt something blur, her vision she could see a computer screen, that was written with her name and a story. When she woke up, she had read the whole story. She knew who she was. As her friends seeing her faint had now began to calm as she was now awake, she felt a heat rise in her face. She was a protagonist and she was going to save the world. And also, all of her was a character in a story, but since she was a protagonist she was kind of okay with that.  She hadn't told her best friend about this. She knew her best friend, Lolia, would get scare. Well, she had tried to keep this a secret, but her constant worrying had Lolia ask her why and she knew she had to tell her. So, she told her. And for someone who was not the main character she actually took it well.

"Wow, so this means you're going  to save the world?" she asked.

"Yes, but there's still time." she had answered.

Actually Lolia was excite for her. She was all excited that her best friend was going to save the world. But Caitlyn felt panicking. She had no idea how she ought to  save the world. Okay, she knew how she was going to do that, but as of now she knew no fighting. That was when she decided to be prepared. She joined martial arts classes, she began to be better....

She knew what this day was. It was the day she going to meet the guy and by the guy she meant the guy who was going to be part of the love triangle along with this other guy she was going to meet later and then she would end up choosing. Yep, that guy. You could she say she was kind of excited? Well she wasn't sure actually. She knew he was going to be all angry at her for half the book. The only surprise was  that aside from the fact that he had dark hair and blue eyes she had no idea what he looked like. That was what the description had said. She reached her class all the while listening to Lolia talk excitedly about how excited she was for her. She put down her stuff on the desk and waited for the class to start. Sure enough Mrs. Lougha came in and started droning on and on about something in science. A few minutes in, there was a knock on the door. The teacher gave permission to enter and in walked a guy. Sure enough, with dark hair and blue eyes and extremely good looking.

"You must be the new student." said Mrs. Lougha.

Well obviously....

He nodded.

"You can introduce yourself and take the seat next to Miss Caitlyn." she said.

He paused and looked at them all.

"Hi, I'm Calvin Monahue." he said smiling. As he looked at the audience, their eyes met and she knew what was going to happen next, her heart started beating fast.

"Just great." she muttered.

He took and the seat next to her and classes resumed.

After the class, as she was getting her stuff from her desk, he looked at her.

"Hi." he said.

"Hi...So, I guess you're him."she said...more to herself.

"Who?" he asked sounding confused at it.

"Well nevermind, you'll know soon enough." she said.

"What am I going to know?" he asked.

She just rolled her eyes and walked. But he didn't leave her, he followed behind.

"Hey, you can't just confuse me and leave me like that." he said.

"Whatever."she said.

"Can I atleast know your name?" he asked smiling.

"Why don't you just be in character and be mean to me? That's just way better for the story you know." she said.

"Um....what story?" he asked.

She rolled her eyes more and walked away and luckily this time he didn't follow her. She was glad. He had started to get on her nerves even without him treating her bad she didn't want to get more angry once he go into character.

"So, how did it go?" asked Lolia who had kind of following them in the distance.

"He was nice to me." she said through her teeth, angrily.

"Oh really? why is that a problem?" she asked.

"He's supposed to treat me badly like most of the book. He's not being in character. I hate it when people do that. We're supposed to be bickering and angry at each other all the time." she replied.

"But he still has you angry." she said.

She thought about it for a moment. That part was going good, she was so angry.

"I guess you're right, i'm being crazy. I'll see you in Chem?" she asked.

"Yes, sure." she said.

She walked in to the class and there was Calvin again. Which was not a surprise because she knew he would be there to get her angry. She also knew she was going to be partnered with him the coming Assignment.

"I have an assignment for you guys and here are your partners." said Mrs. Atlina.

She took the sheet and sure enough they were partners. She went to his desk and sat on the one near it. He had been looking at the sheet as well.

"Hey it seems we're partners. That'll be cool." he said.

"Yeah sure." she muttered.

He seemed okay and went back to listening to their professor talk. He was being nice for some reason and she knew nothing about it. She had to find out why. And she knew the way.