Merlin Sickness

Dedicated to Sam for somehow convincing/inspiring me to post my writing with her persuading emails and regular updates. :) <3

x

   It was strange; Pete could’ve sworn that it had only been a few months since he had last met his mortal nemesis, Vic. But no, he knew that couldn’t have been true because Vic looked to be in teenage years already.

   His rival looked positively furious, even more so than he did during their last encounter. The thought made Pete smile; he knew why this was so. That, and also because Vic’s scowl looked absolutely adorable.

   It seemed that Vic hadn’t yet found a cure for his rather curious… dilemma.

   Victor Baxter, or Vic as everyone called him, aged backwards.

   It hadn’t always been like this. Vic had aged normally for the first 3 and a half decades of his life which was when he managed to, for lack of a better phrase, piss off a powerful witch. She cast the curse on him and disappeared, no one had heard from her since. Pete always assumed that Vic had had a hand in her abrupt disappearance, but he didn’t know for sure.

   Vic had been scouring the galaxies ever since for a solution, but it had been almost twenty years since that day and he’d had no luck.

   The last time Pete and Vic had met, Vic looked no older than twenty two.

   Now… he looked seventeen.

   Vic’s search had been taking up most of his precious time, leaving almost none for his dear enemy Pete.

   Pete didn’t mind much, he liked not having to stop Vic from destroying yet another planet every other day.

   Suddenly, Pete burst out laughing.

   “Pray tell, dear nemesis, why you are laughing like a goddamn fool,” said Vic, annoyed.

   “How weird do you think we look right now to someone who doesn’t know us?” Pete managed to say, between laughs. “A forty year old man facing down a…”

   “Teenager,” Vic finished for him while gritting his teeth, the scowl still on his face. “I see you’ve already forgotten that I am actually older than you.”

   “In age, maybe, but definitely not in looks,” Pete replied after finally getting a hold of himself.

   Vic’s scowl deepened, if that was even possible. He could tell that his master plan would be even harder to execute with Pete constantly making fun of him.

   Why did life have to be so hard for the villain?

x

A/N: I don't care much for votes/followers so I won't ask you for either. I will, however, ask for review, pretty please? It's the only way I can get better so please leave a comment telling me how much you hated/loved this. Thanks! :)