Chapter 1

Love of Machines chapter 1 

"Sam! Damian! Get your asses up or you'll be late for school!!" Judy Witwicky shouted from outside her son's bedroom. 

"Dear lord!" Damian shouted in shock, as he shot up in his small shared bed and went sailing to the floor 

"Damian are you alright?" Sam Witwicky, a tan seventeen year old boy with brown curly hair asked as he stared down at his best friend with sleep filled eyes. 

Damian just glared at Sam with his Oliver green eyes. Damian, unlike everyone else that lived in California has deathly pale skin and had dyed black hair. Damian's real hair color was pale blonde and the boy felt that it didn't look good on him so he just kept his hair black. "Sammy" Damian said in an aggravated voice, "Either you need to learn to stop hogging your damn bed or we should apply for an upgrade." 

Sam rolled his eyes at his friend, "Come on Damian you know my parents wouldn't buy me a new bed, besides you always want to sleep on the end" 

"Because," Damian cut in getting off the floor, "The end is cooler and you good sir happen to hog the bed, so I rather not be smooshed between you and the wall." 

"Whatever" Sam muttered getting out of his bed and walked over to his mess of a closet and began digging for his close. Glancing over his shoulder Sam saw Damian gather some of his clothes that he has left at the Witwicky's "I still don't get why you don't just sleep at your house, I mean it's right next door." 

Shaking his head and running a hand through his hair Damian made sure he had all his clothes, "Sammy, I sleep here because it's lonely at my house. I mean my mom and dad are never home and all my immediate family is either in the military or is in a different state or country so you guys are the closest thing I have to family"  

Damian sighed sadly and walked into the bathroom to change into his clothes for the day which consisted of a pair of light blue ripped jeans, a motionless in white 'can't kill all of us' t-shirt, maroon colored lace up and buckle boots, and his green and black checkered wristband. Leaving the bathroom Damian came back into Sam's room and helped him pack the things that he would need for his project that he had last period today.  

"Are you ready for this Sammy?" Damian asked as he grabbed his hooded batman backpack and popped the hood on his messy hair. 

"You mean my presentation?" Sam asked collecting his backpack and walking down stairs to be greeted by his mother Judy Witwicky 

"Yeah" Damian said as he walked over to Judy and gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek, "Morning mom" Damian smiled before plucking an apple off the counter. 

"Morning dears" Judy said looking over her two boys. Over the years she has come to feel like Damian was her own son seeing as he spent so much time at the house and was practically inseparable from Sam. Though it was funny that they got along so well when they were so different compared to each other, whether it's with looks or personality's. 

"Morning mom" Sam said following Damian's example and getting food to eat before heading towards the door where his father stood, "So dad, if I get that last A I can get a car right?" 

"That's right" Ron said walking out towards the car with Sam on his heels. 

"Damian!" Sam shouted from the car "Come on!" 

"Give me a minute!!" Damian roared. The boy was still in the kitchen and he had gotten a sliver of apple skin in the tiny gap he had between his front two teeth and it was bugging the crap out of him seeing as he couldn't get it out with his tongue. "Stupid apple skin" Damian grumbled as he found a toothpick and got the red skin out. With that Damian rushed out of the house and hopped into the back seat of Ron's car letting the man drive him and Sammy to school