Taub McCallen

Many of you may be thinking that this story is about crime, betrayal, and fear. You would be correct. However you would be incorrect if you assumed that this was not the story, of in fact a raccoon. Because, surprise! I am not a metaphor. My life is not a metaphor. My name is Rocko, and boy do I have a story for you.

My family and I have lived in Colorado for many years in the forest. However last summer we had to move to the city when our house was torn down in order to build a luxury ski resort, in which we were not welcome. The first few months in Pinecrest were alright, but we soon discovered that people don't like you going through the their trash, which I do not understand. I mean honestly it's their trash, it's not like they are using it anymore. Sorry, I am getting off topic.

So we were just sitting in our tree in the backyard of a nice couple, and out of nowhere we heard a scream. I immediately knew that my friend, Taub McCallen was in trouble. I told my wife to stay there and don't leave the tree for anything. Then I quickly scurried to Taub's tree, but before I got there, I saw him being loaded into a white van. The trunk closed, and words were written on it. I had been working on my reading, and could make out something that I pronounced, "Boob's Takesaderme (Takes-a-der-me)." Later I learned that it actually read Bob's Taxidermy. I scurried after the car till my paws hurt, and soon the car stopped at a big white building with a paint pealing off the sides. I saw a thin scraggly man open the trunk, and carry Taub inside. I tried to follow, but the door slammed shut on my nose before I could.

There wasn't anything I could do to help Taub now, and I tried getting in through the windows, doors, and even the fireplace (but there was a fire going). Eventually I had no other choice but to go back the the front door, and watch to see what would happen to Taub.

My face pressed up against the glass, I looked inside. There were raccoons everywhere, but only one was moving. Taub slowly left the cage and the moment he did, something so horrible happened, that till this day I can't talk about it. I sunk my head, it was done. I slowly walked away from the building, and home to my family. The sun came up soon after, and I didn't sleep at all that day.