第6章

Idris in the multimedia

"Why are you doing this, Brian. I have a feeling I know why but I want to hear you say it." Cain said, not looking at me as he leaned his shoulder on the wall.

I sighed. I knew that spending alone time with Cain would turn into us talking about deep shit.

"Or do you want me to tell you what I think? That way it'll be easier to deny."

"You think he got it all figured out?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I think so."

"Go ahead then." I crossed my arms, ready to hear what he has to say.

"Alright. I think you do it so you can get Chuck away from Idris. So the two of you can move far away from here. Because Idris scares Chuck and he scares the hell out of you. I think Idris is the villain in your story. And I don't think Idris hits Chuck... I know Idris hits Chuck. And because you're so much of a pussy to tell anyone, you went to Don. The gangster who put's fast and dangerous money in your pocket. You don't care that you're killing people. Who cares, right? They're scum off the street anyway, right? As long as you get as much money you to run away from your problems it's all good." He finally looked at me. His green eyes were burning a hole in my head.

Damn.

"Mind your business." Was all I could say.

"Try and deny that. Brian. I want you to try to." He said.

"I gotta go." Just when I was about to step off the porch, Cain grabbed me and slammed me up against the door aggressively.

"What the hell is-"

"Shut up! If Idris ends up killing Chuck I'm not going after him, I'm coming for you. Alright?" He stated.

"You threatening me, fam?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm threatening you, fam." He let me go. "Now you can go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in the bar, watching Gregory from across the room. He was drinking heavily. I could kill him tonight if I wanted to, it would be so easy. Harry was outside waiting for me to do this. This was gonna be too easy.

I got up and made my way over to his direction. Just when I walked passed a guy with drinks in his hands, I purposely bumped into him, causing him to spill his drink on Gregory.

"Aw, what the fuck? Watch where you're going next time." Gregory said as he pushed the guy.

"Aye it was an accident man, I'm sorry." The guy said back.

"Don't be sorry, be careful." Gregory said.

I could tell this guy was a douche.

"Look I said I was sorry." The guy was getting mad.

"And I said be careful. This is a new shirt." Gregory hissed.

"You ain't gotta be an asshole bout it."

"Fuck did you just call me?"

"I called you an asshole."

By this point in time, there was a crowd around the two. I'm surprised security isn't already here to stop a fight from happening.

Gregory punched the guy straight in the face. I watched as the two began to fight, waiting for security to come and throw Gregory out. I was thinking of helping the poor guy because Gregory was beating the shit out of him. At that moment, security finally came and broke up the fight. As I assumed, they threw Gregory out.

I followed him out. In his drunken stupor, he made his way into an alley way. He was making this too easy. I followed him, slowly pulling the gun from my waistband. I cocked it, ready to shoot him dead. But then I started to remember something that Cain told me the other day.

You don't care that you're killing people.

I point my gun at him.

Who cares, right? They're scum of the street anyway, right?

Get out of my head, Cain.

As long as you get as much money to run away from your problems it's all good.

"No. I can't." I whisper to myself. I put the gun down and watch him walk away.

BANG!

Gregory falls dead but I didn't shoot him.

"You hesitated." Harry stated.

"I know." I said as I closed my eyes and shake my head.

"Hesitation will get you killed faster than you know." He said.

"I know." I said again. I opened my eyes. Harry had the gun pointed at me with his signature smile on his face.

"What the hell is this?" I asked.

"Hesitation is a weakness, Brian. Don doesn't like weaklings." He cocked his gun.

I was scared, "Harry please."

"I'm not sorry about this just to let you know."

BANG!

"WOAH! NO!"

"Brian!"

The voice belonged to Idris. I wasn't in the alley way anymore. I was in bed. Idris was over me and Chuck was behind him. They both looked concerned. I was soaked in sweat.

It was a...dream? But it felt surreal.

"Are you okay?" Idris asked, which I'm not going to lie, surprised me.

"Yeah." I said.

"Good." Idris delivered a stinging smack to my face. It hurt like shit because he had his rings on. "Scream again in the middle of the night and I'll fuck you up, little boy."

That's more like him.

Idris walked out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

I looked over at Chuck, "I wake you up?"

He nodded.

"I'm sorry."

•••
THIS CHAPTER IS A LITTLE SHORTER THAN THE OTHER'S AND I APOLOGIZE BUT I HAD TO UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS. ALSO HAPPY EASTER!!

THE WORD COUNT IS 943.