Liz

"Hi, is this 13B?" Tori could hear her own voice so low and devoid of its usual confidence. Did everyone feel like this when they went to university for the first time, or was she just a wuss?
      The other girl in the room didn't seem to hear her question, she just sat down on one of the two tiny beds on either ends of the room with her back to Lori while she bounced her head up and down in a manner that reminded Tori of the bubble head in her dad's car.
    She didn't want to think about her dad's car or anything that would remind her of home. She had only been in the huge bustling ecosystem that was the University of Lagos for a few days and she already felt terribly home sick.
     Gathering all her confidence, she walked up to the girl who sat on the bed and tapped on her shoulder startling her. As her companion turned around, Tori realized this girl looked nothing like a bubble head at all. Her eyes were faintly brown and so bright, she had tiny pink lips and the sheer crop to she wore revealed a lot of her smooth dark skin.
     She smiled as she took out the headphones she had in her ear. "Hi I'm Liz, can I help you?" she asked "Yeah, I think I'm your new roommate, this is 13B isn't it?" replied Tori as she dropped the huge backpack she'd carried all day. "My name's Victoria, but me friends call me Tori"
       "Well welcome to UniLag Tori" chirped Liz "this room has been more boring than a chess competition since I moved in a couple days ago" Tori sunk in the bed mumbling something that sounded like "thank you" while Liz helped her pack the rest of her stuff into the room. "So, what are you studying Tori?" It took her a few seconds to realize she had to answer that question, it seemed like her brain was every bit as exhausted as her body after all the stress of getting registered and figuring out where her room was. "English lit, you?" she asked, wondering what her new roomie was studying before the loud shriek came from Liz as she affirmed they were both ELT majors. The rest of the conversation was a blur as Liz talked about everything from their study schedules to the few hot guys she's seen in the school, she seemed to be enjoying the company and Tori kinda liked Liz too. 'Who knows, we could be bffs in the making' she thought.