I dont need friends

"let's go slow poke! I'm about to whoop you in a game of one on one real quick." My father yelled from the bottom of the steps.

He told me he was going to make up for last night since he couldn't go to the game with me. He kept his word and was to damn excited. I missed hanging out with my pops. I came jogging down the steps with my Chicago Bulls basketball shorts and a gang top.

"Would you like to put your money where your mouth is old man?" I asked my dad smirking.

"Oh, here we go." He rolled his eyes playfully. "You're always talking money."

"And where do I get that from?" I joked walking out to the back door going into the backyard.

Next door by Justin's house, I seen a man with tattoos  on the grill with a few of Kids from my new school in the back eating and laughing. Soon enough I spotted Justin walking out with a plate in his hand. I turned my head toward my dad.

"You know them?"

I shrugged. "I guess you could say that, come on let's play so I can kick your-"

"Hey." He pointed at me as I laughed.

I clapped my hands. "Check."

He bounced the ball over towards me, I bounced it back to him and he bounced it back to me again as I started bouncing the ball.

"Let's see what you got little one." My dad said standing guard of me.

Just as he said that stepped back shooting the ball into the hoop making a Swish sound.

"Dad you talk to much." I laughed.

"You're right." He said going after the ball and bouncing it back to me.

I bounced the ball between my legs. As he watched me. "I was thinking, when I beat you, I get off from doing chores for two weeks."

Just as I said that he stole the ball right from out of my hands turning around to the basket making a layup. He caught the ball as he went through the hoop turning towards me.

"Bud, you talk to much." He mimicked me. I rolled my eyes playfully as we switched sides.

"Yeah yeah yeah, we are tied old man."

He smiled and started bouncing the ball not keeping his eyes off of my movements as I stood guard. He tricked me by faking right and rotating into my left but I decided to do my most famous move. When he faked my right,  I had slipped my hand into the gap of his arms snatching the ball out of his hands. As he rotated left I was now making my three point shot. Swoosh the net made once I made the shot.

Just then I heard an audience clapping, me and my dad both looked towards Justin's backyard and half of the basketball team was watching.

"Daaaaamn Nila I ain't know you got game." The guy Chris said taking a bite out of his burger.

I looked at my dad. "break?" He asked me.

"Uh,yeah sure." I said as he walked in the house through the back door. Just as I was about to follow, a familiar voice called out my name.

I sighed as I stopped walking. I turned sound towards the gate that was distancing the both of us. Justin had walked up to the gate. I didn't say anything, I just waited for him to talk.

"Want something to eat? You can come over if you want to."

"Yeah, Nila, we would love for you to come over." That girl Selena said smiling at me, I couldn't tell if it was fake or not.