Chapter 1 Hard Life

(FYI WORK IN PROGRESS)
Chapter 1

I'm Violet Michael Venchenski a young 16 year old girl with a cat named Peanut. Life is hard trying to be normal because I always stand out in a crowd. Any ways what is normal, what does it mean to be the same as everyone else or to be yourself. Either way I'm not normal.

I was walking in the woods one day with my cat. I walked passed rows and rows of old creepy trees, they where all looking the same to me.

I spoke to Peanut as I stopped to stare down at him "Do you think we are ever going to be able to find our way out of here?"

It was silent.

"I guess not." I said to myself letting out a deep sigh.

Suddenly my head started to pound. It really did hurt, my sight started going dark. I sat down on the dark green grass to let my head stop pounding. I heard some rustling coming from behind me. I quickly turned my body around to face the direction where the sound was coming from. To see a boy slowly emerge out of the dark bushes. I jumped up off of the ground standing up quickly and grabbed my cat in the process.

"W-who are you!?" I said stuttering.

"Oh, hello. Did I scare you?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeah, you kinda did scare me." I said tightening my grip around Peanut.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. By the way my name is James." he said winking at me.

"Well, nice to meet you James. My name is Violet, Violet Venchenski." I said in a soft tone setting my cat back down onto the ground.

"Nice to meet you, too Miss Venchenski." James said as he bowed.

"You know you don't need to call Miss and you don't need to bow either." This boy looks like he is my age, but acts like he is an old man.

"Oh, sorry. My mind must be in the wrong century." James said with a giggle.

"Excuse me, what did you just say!?" I shouted at him.

"Oh, nothing. Just forgetting things." he let out a little chuckle. "Well, what are you doing out in the woods?"

"Oh, well I don't really know I was just going for a walk. And then..." I dropped my gaze down to my feet in embarrassment. "I got lost..." I spoke quietly.

"Well, you should know a sweet girl like shouldn't be alone in the woods like this. Anything could happen you know." He smiles at me.

"Are you trying to say that something is going to happen?" I took a step back from him.

"No, no, nothing like that. I was just trying to suggest you walk with me. How about it?" James said holding his hand out to me.

"Uhmm... fine but I will not be holding your hand." I looked at him.

"Okay, you may not be holding mine but I'm holding yours." He grabs my hand and holds it tight enough can't get out.

I struggled to get out of his grip "Please, let go of me. You're frightening me. I don't even know you and you are grabbing onto me, how rude." I yanked my hand out of his grip as I stepped away from him.

"Please don't feel frightened. I'm only trying to help you." He stepped closer to me as he puts his hands on my arms and looked deeply into my eyes. "Just calm down. I will take you to my cabin for a nice drink, then we can chat and everything will be okay." He spoke calmly. He made everything sound fine. Should I trust him, can I trust him? I'm going trust him, hope I don't regret this.