The frozen flame

Introduction

                      The last thing that I remember was the words that came out from her mouth.  Those words have entered deep into my heart. the heart that has been filled by darkness once. Until she put a speck of light in that darkness and turned my whole world into a meaningful one. She drew her arrow and shot it right into the mask that has been covering my true identity.That mask was the emblem ofmy sins and the face that everybody hates.

                     As everything was starting to blur, she died with a smile on her face saying ,"I love you". for the first time, someone gave me importance. Since that moment I never saw the face of the person who gave me a second chance to live

                     When I woke up, I saw a different face staring at me," you're finally awake" she said. A face of a girl suddenly appeared infront of me.Her face and the way she smiles looked just like Neana except she was a little bit younger than her. She toured me around the fire castle even though she didn't know my name. Until her father saw us passing by the hallway. The king scolded her about taking care of a stranger. He did'nt stop lecturing her only daughter until she defended me saying, "He's my friend!". The word friend has entered my mind.Why do people need such thing as a friend? what is the purpose of having a friend? these questions kept bothering my mind,perhaps the real question is, what exactly is a friend?

                       Her father was suprised to what she have said so he let me stayed in the castle for a while .When we continued walking to the hallway . I saw whispering to one of his soldiers. I knew he ordered his soldiers to take an eye on me.I understand why he did that, because he just want to protect Krizia so I didn't blame him for doing that.she took me to  the garden where she asked me a lot of questions . I can tell that she was very curious about me lying on the grass, bleeding.  I can't tell her the truth because I'm sure she'll be afraidof me so I told her  that I coudn't remember a thing. After that, she told me that she's going to her school so she will be gone for a while.    

                     "school?" I asked

                      "It's a place where you learn and discover a lot of things"

                       "like a friend?"

                       yeah, like a friend"

                       She seems to be pretty happy about having friends and going to school perhaps I just can't understand a lot of things about this world. I wandered around the garden and saw the garden's beauty. There were butterflies around the garden and the pretty flowers surrounding It.  I have somehow stepped in heaven.

                         That night, I had a nightmare. A nightmare wjhere I were accused for the sins I have done in the past. I were chained in a huge rock where people were throwing rocks to me. Some were laughing at me , saying "you having a second chance? don't make us laugh"

                          I kept telling them to stop but as time passes , the crowd's noise increases until I woke up. It looks like I fell from the bed and hit the ground. Sometimes I ask myself that do I really have a second chance to change? I had killed hundreds of innocent people just to fullfil our selfish goal. But based on Neana's belief, everyone deserves a second chance.

                           The next morning, I was awaken by the loud noise coming from outside the castle. I took a peek in the window and saw a parade approaching the castle . I noticed the banner that they are holding, the name " virgilio III" was written on it. The parade stopped infront of the castle and a strange man appeared. He was wearing a red huge jacket with a golden fur.

                       " I ,Virgilio the third, have come to talk to the great king of the fire nation" He recited confidently 

                            The king welcomed the prince to his castle and offered him with different dishes and drinks. I didn't know what are they talking about bit it seems like Krizia didn't like it. After their conversation, the prince and the princess went to the garden where they had a little chat. The prince bowed down to his knees and proposed to her.

                    "princess of the fire kingdom, will I have the honor to be your rightful husband forever"

              She took a deep breath and replied with a yes. Tears started to drop from her eyes, with a smile on her face. the smile on her face symbolizes no happiness but true sadness. I now discover that a person's smile can sometimes hide their true feelings. THe prince was so happy and proud of himself. He was so happy that he jumped several times, making him look crazy.

                I can't sleep that night so I decided to take some fresh air. I was suprised to see Krizia sitting on the bench , crying so i sat beside her and release the same words which Neana told me

"follow your heart and everything will be fine"

After that, she stood up and thanked me. I did not expect for that to happen but honestly, I was a little happy for her.

Morning came and Krizia woke me up and all of a sudden, hugged me. " thank you Gabriel, my father is now cutting the deal between the fire and ice kingdom. there will be no marriage!"

" gabriel?" I asked

"you can't remember a thing. is that right? well, I decided to name you Gabriel. I think it suits you" she laughed

Everything were getting fine when a huge explosion occured outside. I took a peek in the window and saw the man I did not want to see. The man who manipulated me and killed the most special person in my life, Phoenix.