Chapter 10: The Arcadees Woods

[[ "I Took A Pill In Ibiza" -Mike Posner]]

[[Elena P.O.V.]]

"So let me get this straight, you don't like stripper clubs?  You don't like them at all?"  I ask Sam in confusion.  "I told you he's a weirdo."  Dean says as he stuffs a few fries into his mouth.  "No I hate them.  They're nasty and trashy and the fact that girls do that on a stage just to get money just disgusts me.  They don't have respect for themselves.  I get it if they're trying to put food on the table but there are other options.  I'm not interested in women who strip on a pole every night, I'm just not.  I want a different kind of woman.  I'm attracted to a different kind of woman."  Sam explains. I nod slowly, looking at him as I eat a fry from my plate.

Sam, Dean, and I are on the road again, we've stopped at a cool restaurant in New Orleans, Louisiana.  It's warm and sunny outside so we're eating at a table outside of the restaurant.

"Sam, we really need to find you a girl...a nice girl."  I say as I take a sip of my water.  Dean looks over at Sam and watches him, almost like he's waiting for Sam to react to my proposal. But Sam doesn't react, in fact he practically ignores me. His eyes are glued to his phone screen as he moves his finger up and down, scrolling. Dean then looks over at me and grins, laughing quietly. I laugh in return.

It seems like every time I or Dean bring up the subject of girls to Sam he either avoids it or shuts it down. I don't understand it. I get annoyed with his silence and I softly kick his leg under the table. "Hey, Sam! I'm talking to you." I say loudly. Sam flinches slightly as I kick him and he rolls his eyes sarcastically. "I don't need a girl right now. I'm too busy saving the world from weird-ass creatures that almost no one knows exist." He says as he turns his phone around to face me, holding it out for me to grab.

I narrow my brows in confusion as I take it from him, looking at his screen. "There's definitely something going on there. We should check it out." Sam says as he slurps on his soda. "What is it?" Dean asks, looking over at me. I can feel his eyes on me. I read the article slowly, trying to understand why Sam thinks this is a case for us. "Four teenagers went out to The Arcadees Woods to go on a camping trip together and they were missing for three days. The cops found their bodies inside of a cave miles and miles away from where they had their tents set up." Once Sam starts to say this I hand the phone to Dean for him to read. "And then, another group of people went camping to the same place and they've all gone missing. They've been missing for two days, the cops haven't found them yet. They checked the same cave where they had found the other bodies from before but there was nothing there, no evidence, nothing.  When the cops set up a search party for them the first day they had gone missing, every person in the search party swore they heard the missing people yelling for them in every direction possible but when they would go look there was no one there."  Sam finishes, taking his phone back as Dean hands it to him.

"So what do you guys think?" Sam asks, slipping his phone back into his pocket.  "I'm not exactly sure what it could be, but I think this could be a case for us. The location is only about two hours away from us."  I say, finishing the rest of my food.  "I'm not too sure about this one.  I guess it wouldn't hurt to go check it out, though.  I'm up for it if you guys are."  Dean says as he looks back and forth from Sam and I. I nod, looking over at Sam. "Let's do it." Sam says, all of us in agreement.

[[2 hours later]]

We drive the two hours to get to the large town that contains the forest where people were disappearing and then winding up dead. It's a pretty big town, but it's super empty. Buildings are covered in old, rusty metal and chipped paint. The sidewalk and streets appear dry and dirty, as if it hasn't rained in months. It's a very open town; deserted-like. When we drive into it, it almost seems abandoned. It's sketchy as hell and it makes me slightly uncomfortable. "Damn. This place is so big yet it looks so...empty." Sam says from the back seat.